Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power / VC

Options
  • 25-02-2005 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Sorry for starting new thread. couldn't find mention of it.

i want to play on PP but it wont let me since i am registered with VC. it tells me to contact a PP customer agent but I can't until i log in :)

anyone else get this sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Also on a sorta related note - Are VC.ie and PaddyPower the same? I ask because I got sent a cd from VC.ie (not .com) promising all sorts of goodies including satellites to something called the "Irish Poker Tour" if i switched to them. They didnt mention Paddy Power so i'm unsure if they are the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

kencleary wrote:
    Also on a sorta related note - Are VC.ie and PaddyPower the same? I ask because I got sent a cd from VC.ie (not .com) promising all sorts of goodies including satellites to something called the "Irish Poker Tour" if i switched to them. They didnt mention Paddy Power so i'm unsure if they are the same thing.

Same sofware only. Two diff companies. You can ring PP on 01 4881750 to sort logging on. You cannot use name from VC so have to use new ID. Most of the games are the same tournies. However the companies add their own tournies for their own customers (eg PP sat's for Easter Irish Open)

VC are sponsoring the pokerevents.ie games (mostly in Galway at moment) so they are promoting it to all Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

thanks, called them and sorted. you have to register a separate pp account online. kinda like the ladbrookes setup.

i just know ill get a bankroll together and throw it all on a feckin horse when im pissed one night! :)

And finally whats the story with withdrawls? 72 hour wait but then you can get it from any paddy power bookie? or do you have to withdraw onto CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Whats the advantages of PP over VC? Apart from the Irish emphasis obviously.
    Can you still cash out easily to your VISA card on PP?

• Advertisement

cc or cheque.

i'm not impressed tbh. as it is i can transfer funds between 3 different sites through neteller and withdraw direct to my bank account in 24hrs from VC. i would have thought PP would have all of the above including withdrawls from shops, considering they are playing catch up.

karlhoff wrote:
    cc or cheque.

i'm not impressed tbh. as it is i can transfer funds between 3 different sites through neteller and withdraw direct to my bank account in 24hrs from VC. i would have thought PP would have all of the above including withdrawls from shops, considering they are playing catch up.

Yup me neither, thats just killed any interest I have in Paddy Power too. Can't withdraw onto CC as I use a Mastercard and theres no way im gonna wait around for a cheque when VC.com are so prompt about sending money directly to my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Do I need Broadband to download PP Poker?
    I tried and it froze after 5 mins (dial up line and oldish computer)?
    How many players are online these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

karlhoff wrote:
    as it is i can transfer funds between 3 different sites through neteller
    I've been meaning to look more closely into this net teller business. What kind of charges are there with it?

feck all from what i can see. seem to make their majority from interest on cash reserves.

i find it very handy rather than using cc in dribs and drabs.

at the moment i cash out winnings from pokerstars into it and transfer that to my main bankroll on vc and then take that out to bank. dead handy!

VC are extremely cheeky feckers on their foreign exchange rates though. the only reason they play in $ at all is so they can make a big % on currency speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I know there are concerns about the 72 hour delay and I'll be bringing that up with the lads next time I see them but I believe its for avoiding fraud so that if someone hacks your password they cant get the cash out fast. Given what has happened with a few well known names in the last few days, thats becoming more of an issue.

Personally, so long as I get ANYTHING out and not just put it *in*, I'm happy!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

DeVore wrote:
    I know there are concerns about the 72 hour delay and I'll be bringing that up with the lads next time I see them but I believe its for avoiding fraud so that if someone hacks your password they cant get the cash out fast. Given what has happened with a few well known names in the last few days, thats becoming more of an issue.

Personally, so long as I get ANYTHING out and not just put it *in*, I'm happy!
    The company line? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    I know there are concerns about the 72 hour delay and I'll be bringing that up with the lads next time I see them but I believe its for avoiding fraud so that if someone hacks your password they cant get the cash out fast.
    DeV.
    I think I'd prefer the instant cash out to credit card still. I don't see how people would hack your password if you play at home, don't have a moronic password and maybe change your password every once in a while.
    How exactly do people's passwords get cracked?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not that hard.
    Most people have passwords that they can identify easily.
    i.e. favourite football team (with maybe a number) , place born, road with a number etc.
    If you try all the different variations often enough, you may get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

lafortezza wrote:
    I think I'd prefer the instant cash out to credit card still. I don't see how people would hack your password if you play at home, don't have a moronic password and maybe change your password every once in a while.
    How exactly do people's passwords get cracked?

What you mean p4ssw0rd shouldn't be used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

BTW

When do PPP sat's to Irish Open start? Anyone know?

Cheers

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I just found out, I'll post an announcement about them.

DeV.

Advertisement