Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student discount dentist given by Medical centre Don't go!!!!!!

• 25-02-2005 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I had been looking for a dentist and one of my friends told me that the Medical part of student centre has the name of someone who give student discount. I went over and asked the receptionist and asked if she could recommend someone. She said she couldn't "recommend" anyone but gave me the name with a dentist who gives student discount nearby.

I rang the dentist and he answered the phone himself and said he could fit me in 3 days later. I thought I'd have to wait longer so I was delighted.

I went for my appointment and turned up at the house... he came out in a lab coat that looked like it had seen better days. The posters in the office were all faded and dated but I wasn't too worried until I got into his office. His desk was covered in papers and stuff and the chair was in the same room... all the equipment was covered in dust, years of dust. It all looked really old but I wouldn't expect a clean dentists to be so dirty. I was looking at the tools for going in my mouth and it occured to me that they weren't quite sterile. I let him look in my mouth and count my teeth but I told him I didn't need them cleaned and polished. That was the whole reason for me going but I was honestly too scared.

He was very nice and well meaning but I presume it is a thing he does part time since retirement...... All I'm saying is that I am horrified that the medical centre would give out the name of somewhere so unsuitable and also I warn anybody off going there. ( You should have seen the dust). :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

littlemiss wrote:
    I went for my appointment and turned up at the house... he came out in a lab coat that looked like it had seen better days. The posters in the office were all faded and dated but I wasn't too worried until I got into his office. His desk was covered in papers and stuff and the chair was in the same room... all the equipment was covered in dust, years of dust. It all looked really old but I wouldn't expect a clean dentists to be so dirty. I was looking at the tools for going in my mouth and it occured to me that they weren't quite sterile. I let him look in my mouth and count my teeth but I told him I didn't need them cleaned and polished. That was the whole reason for me going but I was honestly too scared.

Are you sure that wasn't a really really bad nightmare? The only thing that could have topped that story off was if he was going to use a chainsaw to 'fix' your teeth! What were his own teeth like? I love dentists with bad teeth! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

"and this little fellow is the gouger..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

It wasnt a dentist with the initials F.C. was it? I only ask cos he's very close to the college and I used to go to him when I was younger. Granted I know he's a little old and everything, and his place is a little dusty, but he's a good dentist - I've never had to get so much as a filling in my teeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭littlemiss

It is the same guy. My point is that the whole place is so dirty it isn't safe for him to practice, and I'm not saying he isn't a nice man but health and safety would freak if they saw the place. Have you ever been to another dentist? Because if you have you will know there is a drastic difference in standards. If you don't have fillings that has less to do with the dentist and more to do with how you look after your teeth yourself. I was concerned as I have a couple of black marks on my teeth which I think may be cavities and he said my teeth were nice and healthy. I still wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

blondie83 wrote:
    It wasnt a dentist with the initials F.C. was it? I only ask cos he's very close to the college and I used to go to him when I was younger. Granted I know he's a little old and everything, and his place is a little dusty, but he's a good dentist - I've never had to get so much as a filling in my teeth!

But blondie, you don't have any teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement