Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

L Plates

Options
  • 25-02-2005 1:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Passed my test the other day and have a set of those L stickers that stick to the window without being sticky (somthing to do with static electrictity or somthing).

Anyway I dont want em so if sombody follows up here they can have em for nothing, ill post em out to you (free post here in work so costs me nothing).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Congrats!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thx, :)

Falied on progress the first time (prick of a tester) so I was giving it socks this time. It comes down to the tester you get I reckion, the 2nd guy I had cound't have been nicer about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Rew wrote:
    Passed my test the other day and have a set of those L stickers that stick to the window without being sticky (somthing to do with static electrictity or somthing).

Anyway I dont want em so if sombody follows up here they can have em for nothing, ill post em out to you (free post here in work so costs me nothing).
    They cost...like €2?? :confused: why bother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Im ok thanks, failed the first time, the tester was a right wanker and wasn't impressed with the car I was driving.

The 2nd time I passed, the tester was sound, totally agree with the fact that it comes down to the tester!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

fletch wrote:

It's the thought that counts! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

fletch wrote:

maybe the L stands for 'Lucky'?.. may give the person just that little extra.. perhaps start a new urban legend here, 'the lucky L plates which guaranteed you to pass'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Well done - just remember it's only the start of a life long learning process.

But we'll see you booting down the motorway later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well the plates were on the car when my GF passed as well :)

Yeah there €2, but i was going going to **** em in a bin where as now they might get some more use and alot of the ones around are the sticker ones which are crap.

Funny you say that Borzoi, I had to go to Cork the evening I passed (Tuesday). My brother was geting a pize and it was kicking off at 6. Couldn't get out of work earliy so it was 5 when I hit the road. Not including towns I did 75 most of the way and made it in time for all the speaches. Wont be doing that again though. Hve to say the drivers going to cork were alot aounder then the ones I meet on the way to Dublin. Everybody moved over and let me pass (and no I wasn't driving up there arse flashing my lights ;) ).

Advertisement