Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phantom on your mobile

Options
  • 25-02-2005 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

is it possible to listen to phantom fm on your mobile?
    can you use WAP and if so how much does it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

the earth in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

if u stand outside the studios, put ur mobile up to ur good ear and magic! Phantom on your mobile! check......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭doshin

hahahaahaa :D:D :mad:

you could ask a ghost to haunt your mobile, then u'd have phantom on your mobile, not sure how to get the fm though, the chimps are typing as I speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Why not get a Phantom logo for your Nokia mobile? It's free! More details here:

http://www.phantomfm.com/resources/discounts.htm

BTW Phantom on your mobile is something we will look at in the future. We'd be interested to know if you woould listen via your mobile or if you access the Internet via your mobile. Let us know!

• Advertisement

Damn Nokia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i certainly would with my trusty new 3g phon-o-graph

i hope you realise those "NOKA LOGO!!!11ONE" things are sort of kind of a bit out of date by 3 years...

Well you go find a town or city where your 3G phone works and the rest of us will down load our operator logos! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 buellershow

It's been done in the states with indie station WOXY's streaming, and I wouldn't be suprised to see this happen more in the future as the technology becomes more widespread.

http://www.woxy.com/boards/showthread.php?t=20453

I love gadgets.. :D

It's something we will look at in the future. 3G has very limited availablility in this country at present.

The solution that is described in the link above is not a 3G solution. You can do the same with Phantom FM right now with a phone that has Internet access, Windows Media player and a loudspeaker/audio out. It is not very practical unless you have some sort of flat rate charge as they do in the States.

Some stations in Ireland will start streaming on 3G in the near future but one wonders if it is just away to make this technology to do something rather than being something the listener wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

ah for feic's sake sake can't ya just buy a fone with a radio built in... you know it won't cost ya any money to receive phantom on yer mobile that way... yeeee and yer gadgets pfffffft

I still think my supernatural idea was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BrianD wrote:
    Well you go find a town or city where your 3G phone works and the rest of us will down load our operator logos! :D
    i get 3g access pretty much everywhere in dublin (except those underground sex dungeons, of course)...

you can't get broadband with yer smelly operator logo's, CAN YOU? EH? DIDN'T THINK SO! :p

underground sex dungeon being Eamon Dorans, minus the sex.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭doshin

ah for feic's sake sake can't ya just buy a fone with a radio built in... you know it won't cost ya any money to receive phantom on yer mobile that way... yeeee and yer gadgets pfffffft

will do when the start broadcasting the old school way ie via radio waves :p

doshin wrote:

will do when the start broadcasting the old school way ie via radio waves :p

Give that man a can of coke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 buellershow

Agreed that there'd have to be a demand. The demand (possibly) that I see is in the fact that as it stands now:

you can listen online at home or work
    you can listen anywhere else with a radio once the station signs on (in Dublin)

so the real use of this would be outside Dublin in people's cars and other places streaming isn't accessible yet. the usefulness vs. expense to Phantom isn't clear though. Does anyone know more about the financial end of things?

Advertisement