Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPP and Irish Open satelites...

Options
  • 25-02-2005 3:27pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some people were asking me about the satelites for the Irish Open online. I asked the head man in PPP and he is very keen to make it so that anyone of any income bracket can play and win a ticket so there will be a range of satelites from €3 up to €100+ entries. Obviously the number of tickets and the entry cost are closely aligned. Most will be rebuy tourneys (certainly the lower entries I would expect to be rebuys) but there is also a desire for a high cost freezeout it seems.

You're feedback here to me will go a long way to becoming reality in the next week or so!

They start this Sunday and will run the entire week until a grand finale on Saturdays. The entire package includes flights, accom and entry.

Any questions, let me know.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

DeVore wrote:
    Some people were asking me about the satelites for the Irish Open online. I asked the head man in PPP and he is very keen to make it so that anyone of any income bracket can play and win a ticket so there will be a range of satelites from €3 up to €100+ entries. Obviously the number of tickets and the entry cost are closely aligned. Most will be rebuy tourneys (certainly the lower entries I would expect to be rebuys) but there is also a desire for a high cost freezeout it seems.

You're feedback here to me will go a long way to becoming reality in the next week or so!

They start on Sunday and will run the entire week until a grand finale on Saturday. The entire package includes flights, accom and entry.

Any questions, let me know.

DeV.

Do Ryanair fly Maynooth to CityWest? ;)

Seriously, thx DeV

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah one question I have is "What if you only live around the corner?"...

another is: "Will anyone on the Tribeca network be able to play or just PPP signups..."

If you guys want to know something, post here and I'll see if I cant get a sanctioned answer.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

When you say 'grand finale' on Saturday, what do you mean exactly? All you can win during the week is entry to a final event on Saturday, or will there be Irish Open tickets available for winners of the higher stakes satelites during the week?
    I am not currently a PP customer (I'm with the other PP crowd!) but would be interested in these satelites alright - how 'low' will the freezeouts go? Any chance of €20 or €30 freezeouts or will €100 or €50 be the minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

DeVore wrote:
    another is: "Will anyone on the Tribeca network be able to play or just PPP signups..."
    This I'd like to know. I wouldn't mind a crack at satelliting to it but I don't think making my VC account a Paddy Power one is worth the hassle.

Also could someone post up exactly (exactly) what is involved in transfering my VC account to a P.Power one?

What are the benefits?

What are the drawbacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

don't think you can transfer.

you just have to set up a PP.com account first and lodge money, then buy chips for PPP, like on Ladbrookes.

they only take CC lodgements and only cash out by cheque or cc.

that's enough drawbacks for me for the mo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

will they ahev big buy in satelittes 300, 250 etc?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

1. Yes I believe there will be big buy in freezeouts along with small buy in rebuy tournies. Obviously if the prize pool is designed to give the winner a ticket then they'll get it immediately. Another idea that looks like its going ahead (afaik) is that during the week you will win (by various means) tickets to a "finalé". Whether you can buy into this finale directly, I dont know yet.

2. You can get money in by walking into any PP betting office and lodging it there. CC is NOT the only way. Withdrawal is by cheque.

3. To switch your VC account over, you need to mail a PP support person. Samba would be able to tell us the modus operandi better then I. Samba?

In many ways, while we'll be setting out a variety of options for you all, the other thing is that if people here want to have a say in whats offered, I'll bring that to the operations manager and have her consider it. There is a VERY high probability that it will happen as part of my job is as a liason officer to let them know what the community wants. So tell me :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    2. You can get money in by walking into any PP betting office and lodging it there. CC is NOT the only way. Withdrawal is by cheque.
    DeV.
    Sorry to be asking this question in various threads but when you say "Withdrawal is by cheque" is this the *only* way to withdraw money from PPP?
    Can I withdraw to my Irish VISA card like on VC? This would be about the biggest obstacle for me if I was thinking about changing from VC to PPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Will sats to the Irish Open be available on normal VC?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DeVore wrote:

Tom,
    A few questions for you.
    1)When you go into the shop do you just give them your PPP username.

2)How long will it take for the logment to show up on your account.

3)How did you get on in the 20 game the other night...?

• Advertisement
Advertisement