Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions for this weekend

• 25-02-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone here checks PlanetRugby.com - it's not bad, but very clearly a bias towards England.

Anyhow, their predictions:

Scotland v Italy
    Planet Rugby prediction: Scotland by 6 points.
    sportingodds.com prediction: Scotland by 10 points

France v Wales
    Planet Rugby prediction: Wales by about 10 points.
    sportingodds.com prediction: France by 7 points

They don't have a prediction for England v Ireland - maybe they will later, or maybe they just don't want to at all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I havn't come across any indication that they are biased towards england.
    Links to articles..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I can't think of any articles in question, but I have gotten that impression from articles that tend to downplay wins by Ireland etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

France by 13
    Italy by 3
    Ireland by 5

France by 13

Hmmm, interesting - France have won both their games by playing badly - I think they are well capable of turning up the heat... You could be onto something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I have:
    Italy to beat Scotland at 3:1
    Wales to beat France at 2:1

Either of which result is not unreasonable. No bet on the Ireland game - not because I don't fancy our chances but because I couldn't get decent odds. And I do think it will be tight

• Advertisement

And I do think it will be tight

Absolutely - they are missing a lot of key players, yet have only lost by a few points in both games: I think people have written them off way too quickly. AFAIK, the bookies have given England a handicap of 3.5 points? (though don't know how they get half a point?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Borzoi wrote:
    I have:
    Italy to beat Scotland at 3:1
    Wales to beat France at 2:1

Either of which result is not unreasonable. No bet on the Ireland game - not because I don't fancy our chances but because I couldn't get decent odds. And I do think it will be tight

Hi Borzoi,

I have an account with gamebookers.ie and get their Newsletters, the are doing a 100% book on the Ireland match with these odds Ireland 7/10 England 33/20 Draaw 25/1 better then paddy power who has Ireland 4 - 7
    Draw 20 - 1
    England 11 - 8

Still won't be parting with any cash myself, just don't feel comfortable with Ireland being favorites. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Biast-went to watch the rugby club on Sky last night and was all about England,bout a second on Ireland-on another note Hodgson had a good game over the weekend and got a lot of good kicks? \

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

personally i think eng will win. cant see eng losing 3 games in a row this year and they have been desperately unlucky so far....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nukem wrote:
    Biast-went to watch the rugby club on Sky last night and was all about England,bout a second on Ireland-on another note Hodgson had a good game over the weekend and got a lot of good kicks? \
    Big step up from ZP to International Level though.
    Also remember that LR is one of the most difficult venues to kick in with a "Swurling" wind.
    I guess sunday will be make or break day for Charlie in an International sense.
    A. Robinson appears to be very quick to drop/sub players like Tait which can't help confidence.
    Goode is on the bench which may or may not be a goode thing(sorry:))

Advertisement