Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlin Cup Final (may contain scores)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Joe cole played really well,i thought. Did Kewell fake an injury? I thought he looked fine :confused: Chelsea really need someone who is comfortacble in the left back position.

I thought Morientes should have stayed on,as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I said to my dad before Gerrard og, its going to take an og to get the team back on level terms, up steps Gerrard.
    Agree about LB, Nuno Moarias can play there and I'd be tempted to try and play one of the tillen brothers in the PL but Gallas is a more than adequate replacement, even when WB was fit he still kept it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Great game. Thought Liverpools defence looked very solid for the most part. Dudek had a great game.

Cant believe Gerrard missed that chance from 3 yards, and then proceeded to score the og. Just pure bad luck.

Thought Baros had a terrible game, as did Garcia who just gave the ball away everytime. The entire Liverpool back 4 were outstanding, but Chelseas class showed, and deservedly won in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Congrats Chelsea .. Pool need to forget about this loss and concentrate on catching the Toffees and the big games ahead in Champions league ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Morientes must have thought he was playing for Wimbledon. Poor git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Before the match I said to some work mates that I wouldn't mind loosing to well worked goals.. Chelsea seems to have something going for them where they get the lucky breaks (although deserved), as they did in this match and the previous time we played em..

One thing about the match that I forgot to mention, the amount of diving was terrible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got back from Cardiff about an hour ago - to say I'm gutted would be an understatement. Liverpool had Chelsea where they wanted them - they had run out of ideas, were growing increasingly frustated and looking sloppy at the back when Gerrard headed their equaliser. After that, they took heart and went on to deservedly win, however if it wasn't for that OG, it would have been the Reds lifting the trophy. Joe Cole should have been sent off too for diving, four or five times he just threw himself to the ground.

And Mourinho DID gesture to the Liverpool fans, talking to a couple of lads who were behind the dugout and they insist it was at the Reds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The first thing I said to my mate yesterday was Risse is 18-1. Didn't put him on though. :(:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Pool were unlucky, thought they had them on the rack but from what I could see Gerard did not want to be there and for him to score and OG is ironic really.
    The applause the Chelsea fans gave him when he went over for a corner was funny.

Think Mourhino is nuts, that was definately aimed at the pool fans behind him, but I think he does not care anyway, a pure Jekyll and Hyde!

Not a bad game to watch, great call for Riise and the first goal, shame I did not take heed of it !!!
    Another fruitless season for pool, is this the 1st of 3 for Chelsea, probably 2, not sure about CL though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    The first thing I said to my mate yesterday was Risse is 18-1. Didn't put him on though. :(:(

:D I had a couple of quid on that one! Fairplay to Super Furry for the spot.

I also had a Double on Liverpool to win and Ireland to win their match by 6 points!! :confused: Ah well, can't win everything I suppose. (something that Liverpool fans know all about!!!) :p

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BaZmO* wrote:
    :D I had a couple of quid on that one! Fairplay to Super Furry for the spot.

B.

That made up a tiny bit for the result. I had €5 on my Paddypower account and then feeling flush, stuck another £10 on him at the stadium at 15/1 - it more than paid for the night's entertainment. :)

Advertisement