Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia/XP 60Hz problem

Options
  • 25-02-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi all..I recently changed video cards from ATI to NVidia (6800GT). With the ATI card I could get the max refresh rate (75Hz) @ the highest resolution my TFT monitor supported. With the NVidia card I can only get 60Hz. I've read about this XP/Nvidia refresh rate issue and tried several utilities that claim to fix this problem but to no avail. I've tried the refresh rate override in the Nvidia display applet but this still only gives me the 60Hz option (I've also read the sticky on this board :) ) I suspect the problem might be the driver for the monitor (it's using a generic plug and play driver), but I'm having trouble sourcing the correct driver online. Are my games locked to 60fps ? Will I notice the difference if the refresh rate goes to 75Hz ? Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

doesn't really matter for a tft. What monitor is it? Generally installing the driver will fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stephenabc

i recently got a pentium 3ghz from komplett and new board etc. however the cpu temp is running at 50 degrees when unused and when i do some processing such as converting video or playing games it goes up to 80 % and the computer goes noticably slower with a weird queit kinda squeaky noise coming from the fan??? Any ideas what i can do. Is their a utility to speed up the fan???

Could ye recommend any case mods??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

What monitor is it
    It's a Hitachi CML174SX (16ms response time). I'll hunt around again for the driver.

Advertisement