Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart employee happy to answer questions on bb rollout

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Junk posts deleted. I'm glad I'm appreciated. It makes me feel all warm and fluffy. Lets try to keep on topic though, ok?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Moriarty wrote:
    Junk posts deleted. I'm glad I'm appreciated. It makes me feel all warm and fluffy. Lets try to keep on topic though, ok?

Ok I am gonna stick my neck out here and ask how does one call into question the continuing of someone in the role of a moderator?

I am fed up with Moriarity and his basic attitude does anyone else agree?

As someone has pointed out it is completely inappropriate for a so called moderator to have a sig like Moriarty's and that sums up his basic attitude.

No forum should be a personal fiefdom for a mod and that's what BB has become.

The fact that people are beginning to rebel should give him pause for thought but it obviously doesnt.

Off to Feedback with you then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

iano wrote:
    My friend, I don't speculate!
    Section 3.5.2.3 of Process Manual for the eircom services: etc etc etc

Thanks for that! And sorry for not catching Garfield's original response...

dub45 started a thread on the feedback forum here. If you want to have a moan about me, go there and do it. I'll be deleting any further stuff about it that appears in this thread.

• Advertisement

K1 permenantly banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭ando

cman wrote:
    i have 2 questions my first is: I sent in my direct debit form a few days ago and still havn't gotten an e-mail reply about my details. When do i get the e-mail

i sent in the form about 2 weeks ago and still havent got any responce. I'm sure when the exchange is upgraded, we will be contacted. You can put your number into the tester on the smart website, it will give you an aprox date of activation. mine is march/april and I'm down the road from you on the belcamp exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

ando wrote:
    i sent in the form about 2 weeks ago and still havent got any responce. I'm sure when the exchange is upgraded, we will be contacted. You can put your number into the tester on the smart website, it will give you an aprox date of activation. mine is march/april and I'm down the road from you on the belcamp exchange
    Sent mine in 3 weeks ago and got no acknowledgement, despite emailing them to ask for it. But today they sent me another Direct Debit form. :confused:
    When I phoned them they couldn't confirm that they got my original. I'd really like to think that they'd be a little more careful with my bank account details.

Right now ... I'd just like to know if Netsource are gonna come up with any offers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Rancid wrote:
    Right now ... I'd just like to know if Netsource are gonna come up with any offers....

I'd like to know this as well as they are very soon going to lose a customer here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

cman wrote:
    i have 2 questions my first is: I sent in my direct debit form a few days ago and still havn't gotten an e-mail reply about my details. When do i get the e-mail.
    My second is: What date is smart bb out in coolock exchange

Same here, sent my direct debit in over a week ago, and the only communication from smart is their sales rep trying to sell me broaddband :mad:.

same old "dog chasing a car" teleco attitude to customers, goes mad chasing em but doesnt having a clue what to do when they catch em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

First of all thanks for coming on here and answering some peoples questions.

I have two of my own:

1. I registered online and have not been given a date (imaginary or otherwise) for connecting. I am in Blanch, BDTC exchange and have signed up for the trigger programme. Do you have any idea when BB rollout here is likely to happen? I see you managed to give people some idea of exchanges being rolled out in Cork / Galway. But I think some people out my way would like to know roughly when we can get some. I have looked for some kind of sschedule on the website but can't see it. I know that you're probably sick, sore and tired of being asked this question, but we're sicker, sorer and even more tired of being ignored. Any date would be helpful.

2. Since I have signed up for the trigger programme, does that mean that I am going to be one of the 100,000 or do I have to be invited to send in my direct debit form first of all? :confused:

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Just found this list of exchanges for rollout between now and August. :o Scroll to bottom of post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=142107

Blanch not on it D'oh.

But can you still answer Q 2 Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Anyone have any joy sending them their credit card details?
    I was given a number to ring but the person on the other end hadnt a clue what I was on about (in fairness she was very nice and as helpful as possible, but they havent been told that CC payments are possible).
    Sigh.
    Their "broadband" number invited me to email them all my credit card details, I declined. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Maybe we need a new thread?

"Smart employee no longer happy to answer questions on bb rollout"

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Just finished listening to TodayFM's BB discussion and according to Oisin Fanning from Smart, their first customers went live today.

Unfortunately, Eircom are slowing up the activation process.
    Surprise, surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Any update on when the Sligo - rathedmond exchange is been enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Anyone know when the Sandyford exchange will be active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭positron

So, no SMART for Drogheda then?

Damn!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭ando

april/may.... yea right lads. well at least you gave eircom a fright, thats about all i can say thanks for

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Gegerty wrote:
    Anyone know when the Sandyford exchange will be active?

The Smart website says: :rolleyes:
    Your phone number xxxxxxx is in the exchange SANDYFORD. However we have a Trigger Program whereby the more interest we get from an area, the sooner we can bring Smart Broadband to you, so spread the word! Would you like to join our Trigger Program?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

This may not get noticed tucked away in this (once) classic thread but anyway:

I've been told that my exchange Crown Alley is now ready. I need to cancel my eircom BB and although this topic has been discussed to death I'm interested in hearing about someone's experience first hand.

The sales rep I talked to told me that downtime would be around a week - this I could handle. But with delays and such so far to Smart can anyone verify that it actually would be a week. Or when he said one week did he really mean 3??

Please no speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

dub45 wrote:

Yeah I joined that trigger program ages ago. Anybody know (Mr. Smart employee maybe?) if it's close to being triggered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I think 3 weeks would be nearer, as what they actually quote is 12 WORKING days

dub45 wrote:
    I rekon that means 2006-07 Dub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

any news on dunmore road waterford

beller b wrote:
    I think 3 weeks would be nearer, as what they actually quote is 12 WORKING days

Very good point! I'm going to post this question in a seperate thread in hope of it getting noticed by someone who has already transferred from one operator to DSL- worst case it'll get ignored and disappear quickly.

Any I have read before ranged fron 10 days to 3 weeks & still waiting....

Really? Major deterrant!

If that's the case I may try and time the change-over to coincide with my holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

As with dingding i also have an interest in the answer to his question,

"Any update on when the Sligo - rathedmond exchange is been enabled".

may/ june was suggested , but that looks to be null by now, so when can we expect to be activated.

voyager.

• Advertisement

In my experiance with thier estimates I would say add 3 months

Advertisement