Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test cancelled due to bad weather.

Options
  • 25-02-2005 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

So, went in for my pretest on Wednesday morning, and the guy told me that no-one has been out for their Test all day, due to weather conditions.

Went into the Test Centre, and the tester gave me a piece of paper saying that they would have to change the date.

That's just fcuking typical. I wait 10months for a test, work myself into a tizzy the night before, to find out that the cancel the test.

Took day off work : 130quid
    Replaced damaged reg plates : 20quid
    Washed and hoovered car : 10quid
    Petrol in car : 15quid
    Pretest x 3 : 120quid
    My face : priceless

No doubt, the new test date will be on another work day.

I thought it would be good experience to do the test in the snow, not that there was much snow about the place(Naas).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I had the same in Tallaght at 2 p.m. on Weds.

Silly thing was that I had driven into the city-centre with the car that morning at 7 a.m. on the ice so I could go straight to the test.

As above wasted a half days leave.

Tester said I would get a letter about a reschedule in a few weeks but I rang them up with my reference number and arranged one for a Saturday in a few weeks time to avoid taking further leave.

Will still be down by €100 in pre-tests by the time it happens again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

Replaced damaged reg plates : 20quid
    Washed and hoovered car : 10quid
    Petrol in car : 15quid

Aren't these thing that would need to be done anyway? Why are you trying to exaggerate the severity of the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Aren't these thing that would need to be done anyway? Why are you trying to exaggerate the severity of the situation?

...because the severity of the situation as that i'm now broke until my next paycheck, and these expenses could have been saved and used for "worthwhile' things like drinking beer and eating ****e.

...because the severity of the situation as that i'm now broke until my next paycheck, and these expenses could have been saved and used for "worthwhile' things like drinking beer and eating ****e.

So if your test wasn't cancelled, your car wouldn't have needed that petrol anyway?

I wouldn't have had to drive to the test Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Am I correct in assuming you guys will have to pay for the retest despite it being cancelled out of your control?

Seanie.

I wouldn't have had to drive to the test Centre.

And you've forgotten all the stuff you learnt in the pretest, thus making that dead money?

Seanie M , nope the retest is free of charge.

Gothic - yep, im alredy to blow another 120quid on Pretests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It was snowing when I did my driving test.. And I did mine in Wicklow town, which is a horrible (from a driving perspective) place to do it..
    I'm surprised they cancelled tbh..

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

My boyfriend test was scheduled for a wednesday at 2pm a couple of weeks ago. Tuesday morning during a driving lesson (yes he pulled in to answer) he was told by a not so kind lady that the test was cancelled due to tester being struck down by flu. On Thursday ( the day after his supposed test) he received his cancellation letter. So he rang them only to be told the tester was now in england due to a death in the family. He questioned why they needed ten days notice for us to cancel and that they can ring less than 24 hours prior to the test and cancel only to be told no resources.

Me taking day off work to care for our child 100 quid
    5 lessons 120 quid
    Bought a new car for the test two weeks before ( as did not have confidence that old car would start on day of test ) 9,500 euros

total cost = too bloody much

P.S I love my new car, he did his test last week and failed miserably lol :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

lilulila wrote:
    My boyfriend test was scheduled for a wednesday at 2pm a couple of weeks ago. Tuesday morning during a driving lesson (yes he pulled in to answer) he was told by a not so kind lady that the test was cancelled due to tester being struck down by flu. On Thursday ( the day after his supposed test) he received his cancellation letter. So he rang them only to be told the tester was now in england due to a death in the family. He questioned why they needed ten days notice for us to cancel and that they can ring less than 24 hours prior to the test and cancel only to be told no resources.

Me taking day off work to care for our child 100 quid
    5 lessons 120 quid
    Bought a new car for the test two weeks before ( as did not have confidence that old car would start on day of test ) 9,500 euros

total cost = too bloody much

You could have just paid the driving instructor the same price as the lesson to use his car for the test, could you not?

lilulila wrote:

What kind of car did you get?

Just found out when my test is due, it's on a tuesday at midday. That sucks cause Im in work on Monday night form 8pm till 8am tuesday morning, so i'll have to get a half day. i'm also due in on Tuesday night at 8pm for 12 hours, so i'll have to finish early that night too. There's no way i can get enough sleep to go to work for 12hours at night.

meepmeep wrote:
    You could have just paid the driving instructor the same price as the lesson to use his car for the test, could you not?

I attempted to do this aswell, but it's 50quid for the hour, and I wouldn't be used to driving the Polo they were offering me.

I wanted their car cause I have a big crack in my window, and it's part of their criteria that the car should not have any vision decreasing cracks. it's isn't, but i didnt want to risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

Well I needed a more reliable car anyhow but made the decision to buy new in time for his test. I bought a 03 punto after and am really pleased with it.

Good for you.

Advertisement