Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise on phone after installing bb

• 25-02-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Just wondering, I have just installed bb, eircom bb with wireless etc. I have phonewatch and a cordless digital phone. Installed fine, using it now but just checked the phone and there seems to be a lot of background noise.

Any reason or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

have you used the "filters"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

Yes, used the double one. I have only one phone connection. I am going to disconnect now and make sure it is fine outside of the bb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I had the same problem and it was down to the filters. Used to get cut off all the time too when a call came through

Yeah, turned off the router and it was fine again but once I turned it back on, the noise returns.

Did you solve it fade2black?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

just put the filter on all phone points and that fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you have phone watch you would need an engineer install as they would need to isolate your broadband from your alarm system.
    Did you get this?
    If you did and you are still getting noise even when using the filters, get in touch with tech support and they should be able to sort out an engineer to sort the problem.

I have used the double filter where both the router and phoneline are plugged into it.

No I didn't. Said I'd try it out first and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Then ring eircom broadband sales on 1800 503 303 and get an engineer install, or you could try isolating the line yourself using the sticky guide at the top of this forum. If you mess up your phone line you're going to have to get an engineer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

ì have the same problem .all filters installed at all phone points, its probably my alarm system.but im not paying 200 euro to get it fixed

• Advertisement

Yeah that's my worry too. On a tight budget as it is. Have a mate in eircom phonewatch. Will give him a shout and see what he says on the phonewatch side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Or look at the sticky at the top of this thread, it's a VERY easy fix.

Advertisement