Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 90's hip-hop/soul fans?

Options
  • 25-02-2005 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

A lot of purists don't rate it but anyone interested in hearing a tribute to the golden era of modern hip-hop/soul check out my show on-line tomorrow night.
    www.redfm.ie/blackonred

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

StevieG wrote:
    A lot of purists don't rate it but anyone interested in hearing a tribute to the golden era of modern hip-hop/soul check out my show on-line tomorrow night.
    www.redfm.ie/blackonred
    Ill stream it from the website (presumably you are the DJ) if include something from Michael Jacksons Dangerous preferably "Remember the Time" or "Who is it". Its not realy classic Soul but it falls into the catagory in the description you have for the programme on the red fm site.
    P.s. One of my mates from Limerick is a big Red FM fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Thanks-good call on Michael Jackson by the way. I think a lot of his later stuff, especially the last album, has been under-rated. The record company didn't support that album at all and after a huge single ("You Rock My World") they just stood back from it. Why "Butterflies" wasn't a fully released single over here is a mystery to me. Obviously, the controversy hasn't helped things but it didn't stop R Kelly from becoming even more successful. Ironically, his sister Janet suffered similarly with her last album in the wake of Nipplegate-the record company basically dis-owned her! Check out that last Michael Jackson one though, it can be got in bargain bins!!It contains some great production by the always on point Rodney Jerkins.

StevieG wrote:
    Thanks-good call on Michael Jackson by the way. I think a lot of his later stuff, especially the last album, has been under-rated. The record company didn't support that album at all and after a huge single ("You Rock My World") they just stood back from it. Why "Butterflies" wasn't a fully released single over here is a mystery to me. Obviously, the controversy hasn't helped things but it didn't stop R Kelly from becoming even more successful. Ironically, his sister Janet suffered similarly with her last album in the wake of Nipplegate-the record company basically dis-owned her! Check out that last Michael Jackson one though, it can be got in bargain bins!!It contains some great production by the always on point Rodney Jerkins.
    "We've had Enough" from The Ultimate collection is amazing aswell. I agree, there was so much more better stuff on Invincible than "You Rock My World"! Can't wait for the Jacksons reunion single for tsunami Relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Stevie

As I read through your piece, all the songs came rushing back to me....En Vogue - My Lovin, SWV - Right Here, Blackstreet - No Diggity (one of my fav's), Brandy & Monica - Boy is mine, and lots more.....

Does Red FM stretch all the way to Clare or am I missing out BIG TIME?? :)

S

SWV -Right Here is an amazing song aswell! You should be able to get it in clare. My mate is able to get it clearly in Limerick city and we were once able to get it in Roundstone, Conemara in Co. Galway. I think that was to do with an extremely high pressuree or something because we were able to get the Adrian Kennedy Phone Show on Fm 104 which is a local Dublin station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Should be alright in Clare Sanncoo but it depends where you are-the signal goes there but only to some places! Anyway, there's always the net if ya get a chance!
    www.redfm.ie

Advertisement