Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check your ESAT speeds...NOW!

• 25-02-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭

dlspeed.gif

Someone on our compsoc reporting sudden jump to 100k all day on his Esat 512 connect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

By Esat do you mean IOL?
    Or Esat business connections.

I'll have to wait til i get home to check my connection, if it's IOL.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

Nope, mine is at 52kb - ish

:s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

IOLBB residential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Nope, solid 53kB a sec. Screw you for getting my hopes up.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

54/55kb sec for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

That happened to me and my neighbour on Tuesday night. We are on the Waterford exchange. Didn't last too long :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Probably testing period. Enabling different areas to see if they are capable of sustaining. This is a good sign in my opinion.

I hope they enable all the exchanges at the same time.. or whatever htey need to enable and don't forget us country folk.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Xcellor wrote:
    Probably testing period. Enabling different areas to see if they are capable of sustaining. This is a good sign in my opinion.
    That was my first thought :D

Anyone else notice a speed boost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Tried a download there a few mins ago. It was at 99kB/s when started and I was like woah. Of course completely premature coz then it subsequently dropped to 53kB. The router properties still report 512 downstream, 128 upstream. I havent reset though coz the connection is in use. I severely doubt anyone will be able to replicate the speeds above, it was most likely a limited dummy run.

I do wish however IOL would post something on their boards.iol.ie the interaction with customers or posting of information leaves A LOT to be desired. I mean that Smart guy posted more info in a couple of days here than IOL posted in a whole year regarding services etc.

The anticipation of 1024k/256k is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I just hope it comes to be without any nasty side effects like on/off service, bad pings or even worse SPIKED PINGS. Ever played a game where your ping jumps from 30ms up to 200ms down to 30 and so on... There are few occasions in my life I have felt such frustration and do not wish to revisit those times.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Xcellor wrote:
    Tried a download there a few mins ago. It was at 99kB/s when started and I was like woah. Of course completely premature coz then it subsequently dropped to 53kB. X

And if you held off form selecting the download folder for just a few more seconds, the download timer woun't start so soon and you'd get an initial 200kb/s before dropoff.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There was some downtime on Esat Business DSL on my line around 12-2pm today
    Same thing happened last Saturday, its kinda annoying but I can live with it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

will the extra upload speed effect pings in a postive way? at least now i shud in theory be able to play any xbox live game and have counterstrike running on my pc at same time without any ping problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Been getting that on Eircom for over 8 months now, 110 down and 34 up tis nice.

kdjac

Advertisement