Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MPV Anyone?

Options
  • 25-02-2005 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Now the first car I drove was a VW Sharan - a big beast of an MPV and I'll tell you they are dead handy for just getting loads of people about. Obviously families make best use of these things and they are selling more and more of them these days.

So Mercedes introduced a concept MPV in 2002 and it is expected to be released later in the year. I'm sure loads of slightly more wealthy mothers and fathers will turn their heads towards this one when it is. It is, imho, an absolutely lovely looking car.

So, an MPV with class, the GST:

2004_vision-gst_4.jpg
    2004_vision-gst_1.jpg
    2004_vision-gst_8.jpg
    2004_vision-gst_3.jpg

I wonder do the screens come as standard!? Looks like a helluva way to get the family round.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Rotten :(

The ICE is the only thing that looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

YEah and it only has 6 seats i'd buy a multipla over that any day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I like it, except for the sky-sunroof.

Rear lights are nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I'll stick with the latest Toyota Previa. Far more better value for the money.
    Toyota%20Previa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

This post has been deleted.

Yeah but their all tiny people, not big strong irish people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

That Merc Mpv will go the way of the Renault Avantime and Vel Satis - they will sell six of them in Ireland. The Ssangyong on the other hand looks like it was designed by a team of blind and drunk farm animals. If you want an MPV you need one of these (sadly just a concept car but a double-decker MPV nonetheless....

I'm sticking with the original - the Espace. A plastic box on an aluminium frame with a big engine and comfy seats.

'c

Oh and sorry - I couldn't find a decent pic of the Columbus but I looked it up in a book of concept cars when I read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm sticking with the original - the Espace

That's only cause you were allowed the V6 ;)
    i'd buy a multipla over that any day

So would I. Hypothetical though. I am forced to do things on a daily basis but still have my right of veto :)

Advertisement