Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 2 & DirectX 9.0c install problem !

Options
  • 25-02-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

My sister got this game today in Game and we can't get it to install properly. We've followed the instructions. The problem seems to be with the DirectX 9.0c, it comes with the game to install, but after we installed it we double clicked the Sims 2 icon to start the game and an error message comes up "Failed to find DirectX 9.0c, compatable adapters installed in system, please make sure DirectX 9.0c adapter have installed latest drivers provided by the manufacturer".

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I think this means do you have the latest driver for your video card.

What type of card do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

tba wrote:
    I think this means do you have the latest driver for your video card.

What type of card do you have?

I'm not sure which video card she has, how do i check it ? :confused:

She has all the other Sims games and they run fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

how do i check it ?

Right-click on "My Computer" on the desktop and from the pop-up menu select the "Hardware" tab. Then click on the "Device Manager" button and on the next screen double click "Display Adapters" and you should see your graphics card listed there.

thanks Ardent

would it be S3 Graphics Inc ProSavage ? :confused:

that's what i found anyway...

thanks Ardent

would it be S3 Graphics Inc ProSavage ? :confused:

that's what i found anyway...

Oh dear,
    I dont think you will have much luck running The Sims 2 with that card, it just isnt built to handle DirectX 9, you could try getting new drivers for it here but I doubt that will work.

What you need is a new graphics card.

You will have to find out what type of cards you can add write back if the new drivers dont work.

• Advertisement

tba wrote:

What you need is a new graphics card.

I taught as much, I'll get my mate to give it an upgrade...

she has win 2000 with 128 RAM, 0.9 Ghz, 20gig hd... it's time to upgrade her PC :)

thanx tba

she has win 2000 with 128 RAM, 0.9 Ghz, 20gig hd... it's time to upgrade her PC :)

ouch defo need to upgrade most of that mate.
    thanx tba

Anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

You do know that to run the sims 2 properly you need an almost brand new computer. You are advised to check your computer before you buy the game. It's requirements are A LOT different from the other sims games. Anyway i have it and be warned it's even more addictive than the first one!

damn straight I had to uninstall it,..... emmm from my sisters computer cause it was so addictive (wait... I dont have a sister)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jane Doe wrote:
    You do know that to run the sims 2 properly you need an almost brand new computer. You are advised to check your computer before you buy the game. It's requirements are A LOT different from the other sims games. Anyway i have it and be warned it's even more addictive than the first one!
    bleh.
    i made 4 hot chicks and some greasy old black dude who i named "Ahab",
    stuck them in a house together, waited a minute for the lesbian hijinks to start... then uninstalled the festering pile of crap

• Advertisement

lol, my sister has ALL the previous sims games...

she needs an upgrade anyway... :) (her PC) :D

tman wrote:
    bleh.
    i made 4 hot chicks and some greasy old black dude who i named "Ahab",
    stuck them in a house together, waited a minute for the lesbian hijinks to start... then uninstalled the festering pile of crap

LOL :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement