Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3220 Trouble

Options
  • 26-02-2005 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

I only have this phone for about 3 months and it started to crap up on me! Last wedneday night when I was in the pub I got a text message and tried to reply to it and everytime I did it kept turning itself off and back on! Eventually it wouldn't even let me put my pin number in just kept turning on as soon as I pressed a key! I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in to see would it help the situation but it didnt. so yesterday evening I went to the O2 shop where I got the phone and told them. The first thing I get asked is is it water damaged! ya one behind the counter pulls my phone apart looking for water when I told her it wasn't near any water at all! I was told they will have to send it away to be repaired! Grand says me till I ask about a replacement phone in the mean time and I get told I will have to fork out €50 for it! I told ya one I cant afford that as I am a student in college and dont have that sort of money! I need my phone badly to keep in cotact with everyone and theres no way I can afford €50 for my phone to be sent away only to be told the usual crap that its water damaged and cant be fixed! Has anyone out there had the same problem as me with their Nokia 3220?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Water Damage

Water Damage

Water Damage

That's just a fob off, I hate when they do that :mad: , you really don't know how much I hate this type of rip-off Ireland crap.

M8 send it to me and I'll fix it for free !

I'll reflash it for you.

It will be good as new !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If it returns from repair as water damaged, it should come with a digital picture of the places that got water damaged and circles around the exact places to prove it to you, so it's not just a cop out.
    If a repair engineer finds signs of water damage and fixes it to the best of his ability and says that he's 'fixed' it, he's liable for having said that he's fixed a phone that actually can't be repaired to the manufacturer's standards. Therefore, as far as i am aware, if an engineer finds any moisture damage they are NOT to fix it for that reason.

That phone has been posted back now galwaydude18, 100% fixed, I also upgraded the firmware from v3.30 up to v4.30 and unlocked it from o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Thanks a million! Were you able to send it back by SDS?

Thanks a million! Were you able to send it back by SDS?

No problem !

I sent it by Swiftpost and you'll have it tomorrow !

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

i had similar problems with the 3220 see here ....
    http://p200.ezboard.com/faskaboutmoneyfrm15.showMessage?topicID=2341.topic

phone is now unlocked and back in use

Hi galwaydude18,

Did you get your phone yesterday ? I see your online now !

Just taught I'd ask.

nope didnt get it yesterday! there was no post cause it was good friday! Damn annoyed about that! I needed it by yesterday! Looks like I'l have to wait until tuesday to get caus its a bank holiday on monday!

Ah :mad: poxy post office, I asked them would there be post on Friday and they said yes........

ya poxt post office allright! An Post never cease to amaze me! Buggers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Random Task! If I sent you my phone would you be able to fix it? I would pay you. I need the vibration thing in it fixed. It does not appear to be working. It does make the sound as if it is vibrating but it sounds like it has been dropped too many time when it does try to vibrate...

cheesedude wrote:
    Hey Random Task! If I sent you my phone would you be able to fix it? I would pay you. I need the vibration thing in it fixed. It does not appear to be working. It does make the sound as if it is vibrating but it sounds like it has been dropped too many time when it does try to vibrate...

Sure what phone is so I can make sure I have the part ?

My Jedi powers scenes that it's a 6310(i) or 6210 :D ... ?

Excelent...It is a 3220...it is already unlocked. How much would that cost to fix?

Also, do you know if email works on Vodafone ready to go?

cheesedude wrote:
    Excelent...It is a 3220...it is already unlocked. How much would that cost to fix?

I'll pm you the price.
    cheesedude wrote:
    Also, do you know if email works on Vodafone ready to go?

Hmmm..... Did you try this ?

I'll pm you the price.

Hmmm..... Did you try this ?

Ye I did try it but no luck! The advanced settings link does not have anything extra that the standard one does not already give!
    But thanks for the links anyway...

RachG wrote:
    If it returns from repair as water damaged, it should come with a digital picture of the places that got water damaged and circles around the exact places to prove it to you, so it's not just a cop out.
    If a repair engineer finds signs of water damage and fixes it to the best of his ability and says that he's 'fixed' it, he's liable for having said that he's fixed a phone that actually can't be repaired to the manufacturer's standards. Therefore, as far as i am aware, if an engineer finds any moisture damage they are NOT to fix it for that reason.

I was given a Sagem MyX5-2 today by a customer who left it into The Carphone Warehouse, who sent it to The Carphone Warehouse Repairs Centre, Head Office, Unit C, North Acton Bussiness Park, London.

The phone was returned to the owner as "Water/Liquid Damaged".

Customer Fault Report:
    some of the keys are not working, when the screen does finally come on it goes blank.

Work Carried Out:
    Beyond Economical Repair due to liquid damage

The phone was still under warranty and I belive that The Carphone Warehouse couldn't be arsed to fix it and thinking that the owner of the Sagem MyX5-2 would buy a new phone !

And I stand by that statement !

I fixed it in about 10 minutes with just a little TLC. Cost me about €0.20c in costs to repair + some of my phone knowledge.

Oh yeah forgot to say it also had a photo of where the "damage" was :rolleyes: , they must be joking !

Rip-off Ireland at it again !!!

So what was the picture showing then?

RachG wrote:
    So what was the picture showing then?

It's a picture of the port on the bottom of the Sagem.

If I get my scanner going I'll scan it and put it up here !

Sorry, what I meant is that surely the picture has some kind of fault identified in it, like normally discolouration or something to show the liquid damage. If it hadn't been liquid damaged, what was being highlighted in the picture of the port? Normally they circle the fault or use highlighter on it or whatever.

RachG wrote:
    Sorry, what I meant is that surely the picture has some kind of fault identified in it, like normally discolouration or something to show the liquid damage. If it hadn't been liquid damaged, what was being highlighted in the picture of the port? Normally they circle the fault or use highlighter on it or whatever.

If you ask me The Care(less)phone Warehouse are a bunch of muppets !

See below !

http://tinypic.com/2duyvd & http://tinypic.com/2dv2g1

The only water/liquid damage I see is in the ink of there printer !!!

• Advertisement

Hi RachG,

I would just like to know what your opinion is on this as you work in the mobile phone retail sector. ?

I don't think repair centres 'make up' the liquid damage, the repair men surely get paid whether they find liquid damage or a fault so it's not really a plus for them to find liquid damage. In that case they'd just have to start working on another phone quicker. If you aren't happy with a phone shop's diagnosis,you can always send it away to someone like MPRC and see what they say. A second opinion can't hurt?
    Not that many phones that I see come back with liquid damage, and those that do are normally sent in by people who know they got water on it but were chancing a repair just in case.
    I think people don't realise a phone is basically an electrical device. It really shouldn't be used in the rain. Would you use a computer in the rain? I know it's not exactly the same thing but phones aren't water proof. The most common thing is for water to get into through the keypad I'd say.
    I dunno really, I'm not an engineer but I can't see any advantage for the engineer to invent water damage.

Patrick check your PM inbox about my phone! Fcukers!

RachG wrote:
    I don't think repair centres 'make up' the liquid damage, the repair men surely get paid whether they find liquid damage or a fault so it's not really a plus for them to find liquid damage. In that case they'd just have to start working on another phone quicker.

Well I think they do as I've stated in a previous post above, also it would be a plus to them as the customer is none the wiser and buys a new handset, which I said in that previous post.
    The phone was still under warranty and I belive that The Carphone Warehouse couldn't be arsed to fix it and thinking that the owner of the Sagem MyX5-2 would buy a new phone !

RachG wrote:
    If you aren't happy with a phone shop's diagnosis,you can always send it away to someone like MPRC and see what they say. A second opinion can't hurt?

I was that second opinion.
    RachG wrote:
    Not that many phones that I see come back with liquid damage, and those that do are normally sent in by people who know they got water on it but were chancing a repair just in case.

That's fair enough, I'd go along with that.
    RachG wrote:
    I think people don't realise a phone is basically an electrical device.

So you think most mobile users are idiots ? Of course they know it's an electrical device.
    RachG wrote:
    It really shouldn't be used in the rain. Would you use a computer in the rain? I know it's not exactly the same thing but phones aren't water proof.

Are you taking the p!ss ? Who the feck is stupid enough to use there phone in the rain ?
    RachG wrote:
    The most common thing is for water to get into through the keypad I'd say.

Most common problem or most common excuse the mobile phone operators use, cause there to lazy to repair, so the customer buys a new phone ?
    RachG wrote:
    I dunno really, I'm not an engineer but I can't see any advantage for the engineer to invent water damage.

I can, well like I said before:

Well just to let anyone know that is reading this thread I have emailed comreg about this issue and eagerly await a reply from them! Hope to hear from them tomorrow!

You'd be suprised how many people don't realise a phone is sensitive. They get angry with us because they think their phone should basically be indestructable.
    You get comments like "But I only spilt yogurt on it. How come it's not working anymore, I demand a refund." Seriously.
    Loads of people would use their phone in the rain also. How is that taking the piss? Wait til next time it's raining hard and tell me you don't see anyone using their phone.
    I'm not trying to represent any particular shop, manufacturer or repair centre so don't give me **** about it. You asked for my opinion and that's what it is.

Ok, but in my opinion you don't know what your talking about !

You said in your first post on this thread:
    RachG wrote:

I got a Sagem from a guy who brought it to The Care(less)phone Warehouse, and the gave him a full report of the so called "Liquid Damage" and I fixed it in about 10 minutes.

I showed you the photos and all !

http://tinypic.com/2duyvd & http://tinypic.com/2dv2g1

If I don't know what I'm talking about don't bother asking my opinions in the first place.

Ah Patrick this will be good! Cant wait to see how it pans out! You defo no what your on about but RachG is far less informed about the subject than you!

• Advertisement

I just work with phones for a living, what would I know....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement