Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3220 Trouble

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

well where do you work then and do you actually fix them or sell them? There's a big difference there as you would be aware! Mine wont work and I purchased it on the 23/11/04! The phone was only out a few weeks when I bought it so how could it be fcuked already! It has never ever been near any water!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

tbh, if a fone is within the manufacturers warranty period as rachg says the engineer wont care whether it has mild/no water damage or not, he is getting paid to fix it. in fact he will make nothing if he certifies it water damaged and returns to custromer unrepaired.

its in his interest to repair it financially.

well where do you work then and do you actually fix them or sell them? There's a big difference there as you would be aware! Mine wont work and I purchased it on the 23/11/04! The phone was only out a few weeks when I bought it so how could it be fcuked already! It has never ever been near any water!

who did u send it to galwaydude?i would have sent it to an independant repair agent. would have been repaired no probs, id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've said what I want to say. I'm not getting into an argument about this. It's nothing to do with me. Good luck with your case with ComReg and let us know how it goes.

I have seen several phones being sent away that I know for a fact that were treated better than most babies I Know to be told the standard tale that it's water damaged! It's a pure scam to get you to fork out more money to but a new phone and help improve their revenue! They would make more money getting people to a new phone than repairing a phone!

• Advertisement

I sent it to a highly thought of member of boards who has a registered company that fixes mobile phones!

I have seen several phones being sent away that I know for a fact that were treated better than most babies I Know to be told the standard tale that it's water damaged! It's a pure scam to get you to fork out more money to but a new phone and help improve their revenue! They would make more money getting people to a new phone than repairing a phone!

which is why ive said u should have sent it elsewhere. there are numerous manufacture certified independant repair places. and yes i know random task fixed it for u very kindly but i dont think he can bill the manufacturer for spares and labour, although i mite b wrong here.

yes these companies were repaire places! O2's own reapirs!

Just on a side note
    have emailed comreg about this issue and eagerly await a reply from them! Hope to hear from them tomorrow!

Well from ComReg's website:
    Please note that ComReg does not have any regulatory responsibility for mobile handsets.
    So think you're barking up the wrong tree. Try:

The Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs,
    4/5 Harcourt Road,
    Dublin 2.
    Tel: (01) 4025500
    Fax: (01) 4025501
    Consumer enquiries: Tel: (01) 4025555
    Locall: 1890 220 229 (for calls outside (01) area)
    Email: odca@entemp.ie

I have just e-mailed them there! Thanks for the info! Will let ye all know what replies I get from this! I might get onto Gerry Ryan tomorrow about this as well!

[edit] Just emailed Gerry Ryan about this as well! Hopefully he will ring me tomorrow and I can go on his show about it! :) [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

RachG wrote:
    If I don't know what I'm talking about don't bother asking my opinions in the first place.

No body asked you your opinion, you came in to the thread with your opinion already in your head and you gave your opinion.

I think you half know what you're talking about.

Hi RachG,

I would just like to know what your opinion is on this as you work in the mobile phone retail sector. ?

She wont even tell us if she reapires them or sells them or what! Doesn't appear that she is very well up on electronics! Possible has an opinion from a past experience that proved good! What do ya reckon to me emailing all them people! I'm most pleased about Gerry Ryan though! He will enjoy having a go at them people at O2 about my phone! He likes to help people in situations like this! Hopefully I will be on his show tomorrow! Have your radio tuned into 2FM tomorrow morn Patrick!

lomb wrote:
    which is why ive said u should have sent it elsewhere. there are numerous manufacture certified independant repair places. and yes i know random task fixed it for u very kindly but i dont think he can bill the manufacturer for spares and labour, although i mite b wrong here.

Hi lomb,

Yeah I had a go of reparing it and I done it for free to galwaydude18 cause I hate this type of ****e. Anyway I got it the day before Good Friday (Thursday) morning and within 30 mins I rewrote the s/w and I had the phone for about 1 hour before I send it back to Galway, and for that hour it was working fine. I would have liken to of had it a few hours longer but John needed it back asap.

He got it Tuesday morning and it was still hav'n problems like the phone shutting down etc. So like I said I would have liken to of had it a few hours longer just to make sure everything was 100%.

I hope he gets sorted, that's really my main worry. Can you imagine buying a phone and it stops working after only 3 months and been told tough ****e basicly ?

It's not right.

Now you said it! I would have liked to have left it with you longer but needed it back ASAP! You provided an immaculate service to me and for free! You didn't get much time with it and if you had more time I know in the upmost confidence you would have fixed it prop! Ya its fcukn bad bussiness that I pay over €200 for a phone and it stops working after three monts and then to be told tough ****e basically! It's a fcuked up operation that the likes of O2 and Vodafone provide!

RachG wrote:

So will you be jumping in again with your vast knowledge on this subject like you did on this thread ?

I don't think you should as you don't know what you're talking about !
    RachG wrote:
    I just work with phones for a living, what would I know....

Well from her posts I dont think she has a clue what she is on about and if she does she is not showing it all whatsoever!

Hi lomb,

Yeah I had a go of reparing it and I done it for free to galwaydude18 cause I hate this type of ****e. Anyway I got it the day before Good Friday (Thursday) morning and within 30 mins I rewrote the s/w and I had the phone for about 1 hour before I send it back to Galway, and for that hour it was working fine. I would have liken to of had it a few hours longer but John needed it back asap.

He got it Tuesday morning and it was still hav'n problems like the phone shutting down etc. So like I said I would have liken to of had it a few hours longer just to make sure everything was 100%.

I hope he gets sorted, that's really my main worry. Can you imagine buying a phone and it stops working after only 3 months and been told tough ****e basicly ?

It's not right.

does the phone show signs of water damage?

lomb wrote:
    does the phone show signs of water damage?

Not at all, it must of been an internal power problem which would require a new part.

I'll add pictures shortly.

Not at all, it must of been an internal power problem which would require a new part.

I'll add pictures shortly.

so a new main board is required?
    why doesnt he send it to another facility?has the fact that the waranty seal sticker is gone mean it wont be repaired at all now? then he is screwed!
    i would have sent it to an independant manufacturer authorised shop initially rather than the networks repair facility. anyway live and learn!

• Advertisement

lomb wrote:
    so a new main board is required?
    why doesnt he send it to another facility?has the fact that the waranty seal sticker is gone mean it wont be repaired at all now? then he is screwed!
    i would have sent it to an independant manufacturer authorised shop initially rather than the networks repair facility. anyway live and learn!

Main board, ah no just the power module. He brought it back to the o2 store in Galway where he bought it.

This is the reaction he got: (This from a pm galwaydude sent me)
    Hey dude went into the O2 shop in Galway city today with my phone and they totally refused to either replace it or refund me! I told the guy at the counter that I rang Comreg about it and they told me I was entitled to a new phone or a full refund! Ya man got real thick with me and told me that comreg had no right to say that! I told him that they were the telecommunications regulators here in Ireland and they have to do what they say! He then proceeded to tell me that he didn't care what they said caus O2 have their own rules on the matter and the only thing they will do is send it away to be fixed (ya right) or tought **** to me! What do you make of that! I have to send my phone to be fixed and to only have them tell me that it is water damaged any how! Such a load of ****e if I ever heard it in my life! I argued with him for 10 mins that there is a year guarantee with the phone and that I am more than entitled to a new phone as mine has been proven faulty! In the end he just started laughing at me and I just left the shop! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

so am i incorrect in saying the warranty seal is now gone?

lomb wrote:
    so am i incorrect in saying the warranty seal is now gone?

No, there is no warranty seal on the phone, but like on most PC's there is a sticker/seal, is that what you mean ? Cause phones don't have that.

The only thing do to is to replace the T6 screws with new ones when reassembling the phone.

No, there is no warranty seal on the phone, but like on most PC's there is a sticker/seal, is that what you mean ? Cause phones don't have that.

The only thing do to is to replace the T6 screws with new ones when reassembling the phone.

ah i thought there was a seal on one of the t6 screws but i have checked my nokia and there is not one. i think the old ericcson used to def seal them, and motorola still does as my recent motor has one.

anyway , if i was galwaydude i would find out nokias repair centre address from their website in ireland and send it in. this is their number 01 4073176. i think he will find that the fone is repaired no questions asked.

edit:this is the nokia service point for galway Western Cellular
    Tower House Tuam Road, Galway
    091-757770

Here are the first 6 steps of disassembleable on a Nokia 3200. (I'll put up the Nokia 3220 one if required)

There is no mention of any warranty seal.

http://tinypic.com/2ja62t

no i believe u lol, as i have checked my nokia which i bought brand new and it does not have one, so hes ok on that one.l

lomb wrote:
    no i believe u lol, as i have checked my nokia which i bought brand new and it does not have one, so hes ok on that one.l

lol, no worries ;)

T630 - no warranty seal - http://tinypic.com/2ja7ut

I think the main agrgument of this thread is the lack of care these mobile phone operators have for their customers, they do fob ppl off with the "Liquid Damage" line all the time. That way it's putting the blame on the customer who doesn't get a new phone under their warranty because "Liquid Damage" is a no no and voids your warranty, so that's why the use it and what does the poor littel customer do ?

They buy a new phone.

lol, no worries ;)

T630 - no warranty seal - http://tinypic.com/2ja7ut

I think the main agrgument of this thread is the lack of care these mobile phone operators have for their customers, they do fob ppl off with the "Liquid Damage" line all the time. That way it's putting the blame on the customer who doesn't get a new phone under their warranty because "Liquid Damage" is a no no and voids your warranty, so that's why the use it and what does the poor littel customer do ?

They buy a new phone.

random task, u wont believe this but while reading the computer , the back of my 630 was sitting in some spilled coffee, and got wet, its ok but i think moisture has gotton under the camera, can u put up the picture for b4 number 7 as to getting the top back casing off, i dont want to open the top torx but want to dry in there b4 using it, thanks :)

its ok , got it off it slides up after levering under it. no coffee inside so all is well :)

• Advertisement

lomb wrote:
    its ok , got it off it slides up after levering under it. no coffee inside so all is well :)

LOL :D ....

Yeah the small bit on the back just slides up. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement