Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is it possible to fax over Dsl?

• 26-02-2005 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I know MS has faxing software in windows but you have to have your pstn modem conected where as I am on dsl, so was wondering is there any fancy way of sending a letter directly from you pc to an ordinary fax number over dsl

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

paying for it is the only way. do a google, there are many services ' internet fax' or 'email to fax'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

In a word, no not very easily or free. I'd advise you, if you have a 56kbps faxmodem in your computer that is, to simply hook it up to the phone line and use the fax program that comes with windows. Sometimes this isn't installed by default so you'll have to go to add/remove programs then select windows components, click the fax program, put in your windows cd and watch it install.

Hope this is of help to you.

*edit*

Wait I just realised that you said you already know that there's fax software in windows. This would just be the easiest way I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks guys appreciate the quick response

Cubix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Shame really. Technically it should be possible. In fact, you should be able to accomodate a few different voice channels on a DSL-compliant line (8 or 16 if memory serves). Look on Google for VoDSL. Theory being that fax uses existing PSTN voice service so Fax over DSL should be possible too.

Advertisement