Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's everyone off to ?

• 26-02-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Well not everyone just Clicksilver customers. UTV must have a lot of customers just out of contract just now as it was this time last year they tied their customers that wished to avail of their new pricing structuire into a new contract.

I am one of thes customers now free to move. Overall I am happy enough with Clicksilver but I am just wondering what the alternatives are if I decided to switch provider. I would move for a quicker connection. Will I have downtime in the transition period or is it as painless as switching call services [i dont use the supplied "modem"].

I have looked at smart but my exchage [swords] is not enabed ,so that is not an option for me at the moment. I believe it may come online in June.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't sign up to anything until the broadband providers have released the details of their new packages in a couple of weeks..

Should be able able to get faster speeds and/or cheaper monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

There's been a lot of talk lately of most of the ISP's introducing new packages. They're all due to be anounced in March so you might want to hold out till at least the end of Next Month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ha well if I had a chance id leave UTV. Connection keeps dropping and they have no idea how to fix it.

- SUlly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You don't think that's a reason why you could break the contract without penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I'll be off to Smart most likely, providing they are competent. Im hoping someone gets signed up soonish and can give us all a review of the service.

Am currently with IOL and while I used to be happy with them, the price and other technical issues are causing me great sorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement