Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition to name footbridge of new Wembley Stadium

• 26-02-2005 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

There is a competition to name the footbridge for the new Wembley stadium by the London Development Agency.

http://www.lda.gov.uk/server.php?show=ConForm.9

Roy Keane seems to be supported by most Irish supporters ! (unfortunetly winners get an England jersey **sick**). Wouldnt it be great if it was named after an Irishman:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This is about the 15th thread about this. I dont think theres anyone who hasnt seen it.

Get with the program :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

doh (*red faced*)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Stekelly wrote:
    I dont think theres anyone who hasnt seen it.

there aren't very many emotions on this board :rolleyes:

anyway....

*raises hand*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eyerer wrote:
    there aren't very many emotions on this board :rolleyes:

anyway....

*raises hand*

Right thats it! get out. I think we should have some sort of court system where anyone who's deemd not to be spending enough time online gets community servise. The boards community that is.I propose you should have to visit every forum (even the crap ones.) at least once a day for two weeks.

Also we should have a stoncutter style numbering system based on join date, which allows immunity to abuse everyone at a lower rank to your own. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stekelly wrote:
    Also we should have a stoncutter style numbering system based on join date, which allows immunity to abuse everyone at a lower rank to your own. :D

Now that's not a bad idea. For a lowly Feb 2003'er.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stekelly wrote:
    This is about the 15th thread about this. I dont think theres anyone who hasnt seen it.

Get with the program :D
    and it all started from a sarcastic post on Foot.ie:
    We should follow suit and get it called the Roy Keane bridge :D:D:D
    http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=22173
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Best choices I've heard so far are Pope John Paul Footbridge and the Wayne Bridge Footbridge

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Best choices I've heard so far are Pope John Paul Footbridge and the Wayne Bridge Footbridge
    What about Billy Goat's Gruff's footbridge? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should be the Dietmar Hamann bridge - after the last player to score and international goal there as Germany beat England 1-0. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

should be the maradonna bridge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Colin and Edith on Radio1 want it called after the linesman from the WC 66....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

mr bakrahmov , or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Dietmar Hamann bridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

This was on The Irish Times today, apparently we're well up there near the top of the poll, so come on lads keep voting, there's only one Keano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4304259.stm
    A former sports minister at Westminster has accused Scottish football fans of trying to hijack the naming of a footbridge at the new Wembley stadium.

Tony Banks has put down a motion in the Commons insisting that it must be called the Bobby Moore bridge.

The Tartan Army have voted online for it to be named after the late great Jim Baxter. Scottish nationalist MPs tabled a motion last week endorsing the call.

The Baxter vote currently leads the online poll, which closes on 15 March.

Baxter was the hero of the "home international" at Wembley when Scotland beat England 3-2 in 1967.

The victory over England came a year after the home side's World Cup win.

Slim Jim thrilled fans with a display of "keep-uppie" during the Wembley game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

this is only for nominations isnt it?

a list will be made, then someone else will choose it as far as i know.

Advertisement