Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eng Day

• 26-02-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

thought it was quieter than usual, besides the colditz level of security on campus, people seem to have stayed away, i saw about 10 people getting flung out of the bar, but i saw no cause for any of it, i heard the money collected was a bit disappointing as well.

The bar was good craic despite it though, and the costumes were v.good this year, though the DJ annoyed the hell out of everyone with his constant fiddling, messing with the bass, mixing "this is the house that funk built" over every song. But i was drunk enough to dance anyway!

I did dodgeball in the morning which was great fun, our team came 3rd i think, out of a possible 16 (ok, only 5 teams showed up), but since the team that won is (apparently) made up of Olympic handball players, there's no shame in it! The important thing is we beat the girls.

Oh, and maximum respect to UCD's master thief, who got me an Eng day T-shirt...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

theCzar wrote:
    I did dodgeball in the morning which was great fun, our team came 3rd i think, out of a possible 16 (ok, only 5 teams showed up), but since the team that won is (apparently) made up of Olympic handball players, there's no shame in it! The important thing is we beat the girls.

I saw you all playing dodge ball as I sweated my balls off on a treadmill 5 meters above your heads.

Then I saw the girls (and some VERY DODGY guys) were doing dance practice in the other hall.

So I went and watched them instead.

So there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I would have offered to DJ if my deck no. 2 and/or my laptop were serviceable - but they weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Red Alert wrote:
    I would have offered to DJ if my deck no. 2 and/or my laptop were serviceable - but they weren't.

there's decks in the bar you could have used.
    Do you use 'final scratch' with your laptop or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

theCzar wrote:
    thought it was quieter than usual, besides the colditz level of security on campus, people seem to have stayed away, i saw about 10 people getting flung out of the bar, but i saw no cause for any of it
    Yeah I thought they were a bit over the top all right. I saw one guy who was getting thrown out try to take his drink with him, then another bouncer appeared and the two of them just strong-armed him straight out, head first through the double doors! That said I dont know what was going on or why he was being thrown out in the 1st place. It was a good day, what I remember of it (we're all sitting in the project lab at the moment trying to piece together what happened!). The costumes were excellent, a lot of effort went into them this yearuntitled1.jpg Also saw a certain webmaster having quite a good time...!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i wonder who that could possibly be... must investigate this final scratch thing blondie, i sort-of "borrowed" a copies of Raduga and OtsJuke for the laptop and have been messing around with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

i heard the money collected was a bit disappointing as well.

I think this was due to the fact that we didn't have permission to collect from cars; getting money off people on the street was very difficult, especially since no one had heard of aidlink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

We got a stern talking to from the cops on law/b&L day from a sergeant about people collecting from cars etc., even though that is by far the best way to do it. He started waffling on about taking all our for the Minister of Finance.

All I could think of while nodding was 'yeah, id like to see those headlines: Gaurds confiscate €20,000+ from charity'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Was talking to one of the comittee guys, aparently its all just cos a guard from Donnybrook got held up in a queue during one of the other faculty days when they were collecting from cars on the Stillorgan dual carrigeway! He cant have been held up for more than 5 minutes though and he wasnt doing anything important, just heading back to the station :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

On my "permission slip", it said that we could only collect in the Pearse St. Garda district, but on Law and B&L day there were people collecting outside my gaf (Deansgrange) to at least Belfield. Anyone know if they were around town as well?

We were everywhere.
    People told us where they wanted to collect and we gave them the appropiate permit.

It was us who pissed off the Gaurd, some eejit was collecting between 2 lanes of traffic, thankfully collections were over by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Sangre wrote:
    It was us who pissed off the Gaurd, some eejit was collecting between 2 lanes of traffic, thankfully collections were over by then.

bloody lawyers ruining it for everyone else! :mad:

Well we don't care, we got our money.

Unicare Small Faculty Award 2005 here we come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

gah.

Advertisement