Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zalman VF700

Options
  • 26-02-2005 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Its only been a week but already the noise of my gainward 2400GS is giving me a headache. Seems like the zalman is a pretty popular choice for cooling and silencing the 6800GT, anybody here have any experience with it as a cooler?
    Secondly, where can I buy it, looks to be sold out everywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I ordered mine from pc-look.com . Have ordered a few things of this crowd before and they seem reliable. Alternatively there's Jes, whenever they get it back in stock. I'm waiting for Jes myself, to restock on hard drives and they sure are taking there time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Get the Artic Cooler 5 it's a bit better when it comes to cooling and it's basically the same noise ( compared to the zalman at normal speeds )

As far as I know the AC is not compatible with the AGP version. Only the AC NV Silencer 6 can be fitted on the 6600GT PCIe version.

There is another GPU HSF though, the Jetart JACSH1

gotta <3 them acronyms :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

He wants to cool a 6800gt not a 6600 though. NVSilencer 5 defo works with the 6800gt.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Thanks for the replys, thing that is putting me off the artic cooling silencer is I really dont fancy sawing up the dual plate on the card that keeps it secure, wanna get the zalman and a pci slot exhaust fan to blow out the extra heat that is probably lying around in the case anyway.

• Advertisement

oh yeah nevermind :D . I was still thinking about some other thread i was reading at the time, they happened to be similar. Still a fine HSF though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Sawing up the dual plate ?!?
    What ?

There was no sawing involved in setting up my one... Just slapped on the cooler onto the card and that was it. Have they changed the design in the last 2 months ? I've got an NV Silencer 5 (Peats of Parnell St. Vintage ;)) and there was nothing harder than tightening some screws involved in sticking my one on.

I wouldnt touch one of those PCI slot blowers with a 40 foot pole. Ever hear the noise off them ?

Advertisement