Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't ping

Options
  • 26-02-2005 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

bit of a silly problem me thinks..have two pc's networked sharing internet connection etc... with norton internet security

The local ip address of the pc with the internet connection is 192.168.0.3 and while it can ping the other pc(192.168.0.2) it cant ping itself i have a trusted zone setup from 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.5 and the xp firewall is turned off..

anybody any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

search the forums - this comes up every second week

ping 127.0.0.1
    ping localhost

does norton internet security have a firewall too ?
    I don't know since Norton has gone down hill since the excellent Norton Utilities for Dos , at this stage I prefer the older copies of ghost to the latest all singing version.

Advertisement