Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap fuel coming to Dundrum!

Options
  • 26-02-2005 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I see that Tesco are opening a service station in the new Dundrum S.C. good news as it will bring fuel prices down in this side of the city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Just wait until you see the cues at about 7pm, Maynooth is mental at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

That baffles me. These scabby peasants queue for ages just to save €2 or €3 on a full tank. I see it in Clare Hall all the time. Losers. Whoopdedoo - I just drove 5 miles and queued for 15mins and saved €2 - hahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

In Finglas the neighbouring petrol stations dropped their prices to within a cent perl litre of Tesco's. You can go to them and get most of the benefit without the queuing.
    So, Tesco's entry into the Dundrum area should see lower prices in the whole area. Competition is good for consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Except just up the road in Churchtown is where the cheapest petrol in Dublin is, well, it used to be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

daymobrew wrote:
    In Finglas the neighbouring petrol stations dropped their prices to within a cent perl litre of Tesco's. You can go to them and get most of the benefit without the queuing.
    So, Tesco's entry into the Dundrum area should see lower prices in the whole area. Competition is good for consumers.

Same in Waterford. Most places are as cheap now. Queues aren't as bad as when it opened now so there's plenty of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

That baffles me. These scabby peasants queue for ages just to save €2 or €3 on a full tank. I see it in Clare Hall all the time. Losers. Whoopdedoo - I just drove 5 miles and queued for 15mins and saved €2 - hahahaha.

As mentioned, its the knock-on effect on other forecourts in the locality that will help drive the prices down.
    Also, don't underestimate the power of a Tesco Clubcard, you could save on groceries too if used at the Tesco filling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

DMC wrote:
    As mentioned, its the knock-on effect on other forecourts in the locality that will help drive the prices down.
    Also, don't underestimate the power of a Tesco Clubcard, you could save on groceries too if used at the Tesco filling station.

I don't know if they still do it but you used to get a further 5c per litre off for every (€50 AFAIR) you spent in the store so if you bought a weekly shop and filled the car up it saved quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've noticed how the 5c off receipt is an occasional feature, its not running here at the moment.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

what are tesco charging for their fuel? i'm picking mine up at 88.9 here in ballincollig. was doen under 85 there for a while but has climbed back up a bit lately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

89.9 for unleaded
    87.9 for diesel

Thats in maynooth

• Advertisement
Advertisement