Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WiFi hotspot problem

• 26-02-2005 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to connect to various hotspots at work/cafes etc but when I try to open any webpage it gives the usual Explorer can't display this page message. It's a new belkin 54g card and I've installed and set it up correctly afaik. I get a list of various hotspots available and connect to whichever I want. It assigns me an ip address and says i'm connected. i've disabled my ethernet connection when i'm using it and followed all the instructions. Anything else i should be doing?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I wouldn't get caught up disabling you ethernet con. As long is it isn't pluged in it wont matter. Double check that you have the WiFi conection setup for DHCP. When you login to the Hotspot try ping the default gateway and the DHCP server (may or may not work depending on the hotspot).

Have you got it working on any wireless LAN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

I think I've tried it on 3 different LANs. One may have been private so I'm not worried about that. It said I was connected to all of them though. Every single setting I can think of is correct. DHCP. Infrastructure access points. I'm sending and receiving packets but nothing works. The one at work requires a user name and password once you open explorer and arrive on the home page but i'm not getting that far. is there any setting in XP or unchecking some security feature i don't know about?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Try ping a few things. There are no XP security settings I know of that would cayse you a problem. Its a strange problem...

Advertisement