Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations 2005 reaches a new low

• 26-02-2005 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Scotland Vs Italy
    What an apauling game today in Edinburgh! With the standards in the competition to date, i doubt New Zealend will be loosing any sleep over the prospect of playing the Lions this summer, but this game is the worst standard of professional rugby i have ever seen, at either club or international level. Scotland could play their national side in the Celtic leauge and still wouldn't come close to challanging for the title.
    Any thoughts i had of Italy being a much improved side are gone. Fair enough they are a much better side than Scotland, but the inability to put points on the Board is shocking. 6 - 3 at half time to Scotland, and that score line dosen't reflect two teams with solid defences and mauling rugby...it's a reflection of two sides who cant kick, catch or pass a ball! A hugh amount of kicks from hand havn't found touch, the handling errors are school boy material (if even), and place kicking worse than Englands last week. The game is barely holding my interest at this stage. It's extremely worrying to think there were periods in this competition where we have struggled against these two sides. The two big games this weekend will hopefully light up this tournament at last! It hasn't even been the standard of "A" international Rugby. Is this the worst standard of Rugby the 5/6 nations has seen since the professional game was introduced? To be more positive, at least it's the most exciting in a long time, but not pretty to the eye im afraid! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Had to turn off the tv. It was in the gutter. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Turn it back on, Wales & France are playing the half of the tournament at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Wales Grand Slam is still on. France 18 Wales 24.

Wales trailed 15-6 at HT but scored 2 tries in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half to turn the game on it's head. What a game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the scotland italy game was a disgrace, i'd exspect more from a junior cup team......

france wales was a much better preformance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

France V Wales was possibly the greatest game I have ever seen .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Scotland vs Italy was pathetic alright but the Wales Vs France was a modern classic !! Six nations 2005 reaches a new high :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote:

France NZ was without a doubt the best game i have ever seen :D

daveirl wrote:

Wasps v Leicester: ya both of those games were classics especially the first one .

France V New Zealand: I watched it , but to be honest due to my age I can't remember it well at all :( .

• Advertisement

Big Ears wrote:
    France V New Zealand: I watched it , but to be honest due to my age I can't remember it well at all :( .

it was only 1999..... :eek:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Check out that Baa-Baas New Zealand game from 1973 - brilliant stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Munster vs Wasps last year wasnt too shabby either

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Big Ears wrote:
    Wasps v Leicester: ya both of those games were classics especially the first one .

I left that match at half-time to go shopping, came back to see France celebrating like mad. I assumed they'd scored a consolation try. Man was I sick when I saw the score and the highlights.

RuggieBear wrote:
    it was only 1999..... :eek:

:D

I was only 10 :o . I remeber other matches from that tournament though :( , but not that one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

New Zealand vs France without question the greatest game i have ever seen too!
    Bernat Salle nearly caught fire he was moving so fast that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Munster vs Wasps last year wasnt too shabby either
    ah really, it was pretty crap... we were lucky not to lose by more, wasps vs toulouse was a much better game(including a nice ole bash of the fields of the fields of athenry at the match(munster supportors outnumbered the toulouse ones))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

rkm wrote:
    New Zealand vs France without question the greatest game i have ever seen too!
    Bernat Salle nearly caught fire he was moving so fast that day.

One of my all-time favourite players. The fastest grey thing you've ever seen in any sporting arena. With the possible exception of a McLaren Formula 1 car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

is_that_so wrote:
    Check out that Baa-Baas New Zealand game from 1973 - brilliant stuff

That was an amazing game!

One of the greatest tries ever in that game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Scotland v Italy was indeed a brutal thing to watch, but games like this are not new to the 6 nations. It has not been that long before our derby with Wales was like that to watch, and up to a couple of years ago the Scotland v Wales fixture was the same as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Since we're digressing, I'd have Bledisloe Cup 94 (I think) where Gregan makes the tackle into touch to save a try, and the last 2 minutes where NZ play the ball through the hands from their own 22 and almost make a unbelievable comeback happen.

And terrible games? Scotland - Ireland 6 all in Lansdowne?

Trojan wrote:
    Since we're digressing, I'd have Bledisloe Cup 94 (I think) where Gregan makes the tackle into touch to save a try, and the last 2 minutes where NZ play the ball through the hands from their own 22 and almost make a unbelievable comeback happen.

And terrible games? Scotland - Ireland 6 all in Lansdowne?

And there is another nz-oz game where, i think oz comes back from 30 points down after 20mins to snatch the game.....only heard about it never seen it

That scotland 6 all draw is without a doubt the worst test match i have ever witnessed.....standing in the S terrace wishing i was anywhere else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There was also the combined Ireland-Scotland v Wales-England in the 80s with 37-33 final score. A breathtaking match. I reckon it was 81 or 82. Maybe someone can remember the exact year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

daveirl wrote:

I was at this, it was a miserable day, driving rain right before the start of the match. The atmosphere in the stand was pretty good, light hearted joking, Xmas stories etc. Match was dour stuff though.

Advertisement