Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturdays 3:00 Kick-Off's (Scores)

• 26-02-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Roughly half an hour gone:

Villa 0-1 Everton (Osman)
    Palace 0-0 Brum
    Spurs 0-0 Fulham

Not the busiest Saturday but each of the games are important to the respective teams, with Everton, Spurs, and Villa chasing Europe (arguably Birmingham too) and Palace scrapping to stay in the division.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I would love to say that Fulham are chasing Europe, but I can't see it happening in the 13 matches left. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah I actually had them written down there til I checked the table again, top half finish isnt out of their grasp though.

1-0 Palace by the way, Andy Johnson with ANOTHER penalty. I'm not counting but they must have the most penalties in the league this season.

OK so I actually went and checked, thats their 8th penalty of the season, with Portsmouth being closest on 5. Boro, West Brom, Charlton and Villa all have yet to get 1.

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Villa 1-1 Everton. Solano

2-1 Cahill

• Advertisement

Villa 1-2 Everton. Cahill

Villa 1-3 Everton Osman (2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Palace 2-0 up another johnson peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Just finished wtaching Villa - Everton :( Appauling Villa performance.

1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

2-0 spurs, Keane walked in a goal.

Palace look to have won. They open up a 4 point gap to southampton now. Not looking good for the bottom 3. Palace have won twice many games as any of th eother 3 at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Just finished wtaching Villa - Everton :( Appauling Villa performance.

1-3

everton are reeling in that gap to arsenal, what odds they finish 3rd :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Stekelly wrote:
    2-0 spurs, Keane walked in a goal.
    I can't understand why people seem so keen (heh) to write off Keane's contribution to Spurs. He's a proven and consistant goalscorer, certainly more so than a player like Kanoute. Is that 13 goals now he's gotten, that's decent tally considering he doesn't play as often as most strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Keane is the 10th highest scorer (in all competitions) in the premiership this season with 13 (not including Camara, Blake and Ashton). Plus he has 4 international goals. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

eirebhoy wrote:
    Keane is the 10th highest scorer (in all competitions) in the premiership this season with 12 (not including Camara, Blake and Ashton). Plus he has 4 international goals. Not bad.

Considering that A) He's not an out and out goal scorer, B) He hasn't played every game this season (Though does start more than he doesn't when fit) and C) He has been played out of position a few times this season, that's a fantastic goals return. Yet people still seem to think he's been rubbish this season for some reason :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Keane actually has 13 goals this season, 6 assists. He didn't start in 9 of Spurs' league matches this season.

A few more stats from Opta that will suprise people.
    He has a 42% goals per shots rate.
    He is the 5th highest passer of the ball at the club with 614 and a 76% pass success rate (remember he didn't start a lot of matches).
    He is the 4th highest crosser of the ball at Spurs with 53.
    [URL]ttp://skysports.planetfootball.com/optastats.asp?clid=6&clubname=Tottenham+Hotspur&cpid=8[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

And he missed a sitter just before he scored the second goal!

Advertisement