Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Excel Help Please

• 26-02-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi, would anybody know of a way to do this...

I have 2 excel sheets

The first Sheet, lists the shoppers names (columnB)and a Shopper_id(columnA)

The Second Sheet, lists the Shopper_id (ColumnA) and on the same row, their purchase (ColumnB)

excelproblem1.jpg

I basicaly have 2 sheets and 3 variables. The common link between the variables is the 'Shopper_Id'.

On a new sheet I need the 'Shopper_Id' in columnA with corresponding 'Name' in ColumnB BUT most importantly i need each shoppers purhase in the third column.

Also where multiple items have been purchased by one client i would like to have them separated by either a comma or CR.

Like this....

excelproblem2.jpg

Could anybody suggest a way to do this?

Thanks!
    Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Adrian - if you're familiar with creating EXCEL macros then PM me and I mighr be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Synkro

I found this command which almost works...

VLookup

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup)

I entered

=VLOOKUP(A2,'Shopper_ID & Purchases'!A2:B18,2)

into cell C2 on the 'Shopper_ID & Purchases' sheet.

It searches the 'Shopper_ID & Purchases (sheet2)' sheet for the Shopper_Id value specified in cell A2 of the 'Shopper_ID & Name & Purchases (sheet3)' sheet. If it matches it returns the value in Column 2.

The only problem is.... it only returns the last purchase. ie. the final match.

This is the result....

excelproblem3.jpg

Anyone have anyideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

I never figured Henry as a "strawberries & custard" kinda guy :D

Different strokes....

Advertisement