Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Banned

Options
  • 26-02-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Can people who are banned from boards just sign up under another name? Also, are they still able to post anonymously like in personal issues?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if users are banned, and a second account is set up, and the admins find it, it will be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Also, can't the admins log IP addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

wayfarer wrote:
    Also, are they still able to post anonymously like in personal issues?
    Yes. Unregistered posts will still maintain IP details but will only be looked at by an Admin if the poster is very bold. However, I think that if a user is being an extreme pain then their IP can be blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Gordon wrote:
    However, I think that if a user is being an extreme pain then their IP can be blocked.

But what about in the case of people on dial-up connections (I'd imagine that a lot of people on boards are still stuck with it)? Don't they have a range of IP addreses, which alternate every time they connect? As I understand it, it's just a matter of disconnecting, waiting a few seconds and then reconnecting. Maybe I've got it all wrong, but that was my understanding of the whole non-static IP address thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmm, dunno, but ecksor always roots out persistent offenders, how he works his magic is anybodys guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement