Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone here like?

• 26-02-2005 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi, my first post on this board, so I hope this is in the right forum. Just wondering what kind of bands people in here are into, does anyone listen to any of these:
    John Frusciante
    The Mars Volta
    Funkadelic
    At-the drive In
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Fugazi
    Rodrigo y Gabriela
    Preston Reed
    Rory Gallagher
    Jimi Hendrix
    PJ Harvey
    Bob Dylan
    Lou Reed/The Velvet Underground
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Black Label Society
    Frank Zappa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

funkadelic, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Preston Reed,Rory Gallagher, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan are all brilliant. Preston, Jimi and Rory as well as rodrigo y gabriela are all insanely good guitarists. I love funkadelic as well. :) Good taste man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

In a word? No.

Read a book by Frank Zappa. Funny as hell. No music though =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I saw Preston Reed doing "Ladies night" on tv before, and was suitably dazzled. This is probably the first time I've heard about him after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Joe-Pie

The Mars Volta are a lot bigger than i thought.
    Take Black Label Society and Ozzy outta that list and its grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Joe-Pie wrote:
    Take Black Label Society and Ozzy outta that list and its grand.

WTF! you can't dis Zakk Wylde! he is fooking brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rodrigo y gabriella and jimi hendrix are the good ones you mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vindictive_miss

Rodrigo y Gabriella are amazing! the rest not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Mars Volta, at the drive in and hendrix are good, the rest I either havent heard, or in the case of ozzy and black label society, hate.
    yeah you have good taste :D

no greenday for you it seems. thank christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You're wondering if the posters on a rock/metal forum listen to rock bands.

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmm

Hmmmmmmm.

*scratches chin*

You know I think maybe some of them do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what or who do you define as rock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Funkadelic wouldn't really be rock, but they are great. So are the Chilis, Zappa and Hendrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 unhinged-sock

oh god i'm so new to boards its not even funny! somehow i found this post and seeing that john was top of the artist list i just had to drop by with a post, even if i am over a year past the appropriate reply time!:)

i am a massive fan of the legend that is mr john frusciante! the man is an utter genious! love him in both chilli's and solo, but mostly solo! his music has so much emotion, energy and beauty that every time you put on his music, its an experience in itself! every time i hear it i'm just transformed to another planet! but its ok readers....everyone knows me there! :D

another band ever so worthy of a mention is..... dun dun dun! mars volta! have you ever heard music so comletely and utterly insane and yet remain so beautiful?! omar=another genious! LOVING the new album! and the fact that john is playing on it makes it that extra bit special! :D

well thats all from me everybody! hope you all are leaving this thread with enough interest about these artists to do something about aquiring they're music!
    you won't regret it! farewell! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Marts wrote:
    WTF! you can't dis Zakk Wylde! he is fooking brilliant!

DUN DUN DUN *squeeeee* DUN *squeeeee* DUN DUN *squueee*

He's horrible, artificial harmonic abuse galore :confused:

Jake E. Lee is my favourite Ozzy guitarist

Advertisement