Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox DVD Format

Options
  • 26-02-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

My DVD player on my Xbox seems to be very selective on which DVD's it will play - its ok on shop bought stuff, but any DVD's I've put together on my laptop are a bit hit & miss.

Could this be to do with the +/- settings ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Andip wrote:
    My DVD player on my Xbox seems to be very selective on which DVD's it will play - its ok on shop bought stuff, but any DVD's I've put together on my laptop are a bit hit & miss.

It's most likely the type of drive you have. Some drives are better than others at reading copied disks.

Oh theres a new Xbox forum now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Andip wrote:
    Yes it could. Most X-box dvd drives like DVD-R only. There's one type of drive used (Samsung IIRC, I may be wrong) that's OK with +. As far as I know this is correct but if I'm wrong, obviously feel free to correct me politely.

Are you using the same brand of discs burned at the same speed all the time?
    (could be a batch issue but let's leave that one for now)

I've burned quite a number of discs for a mate of the xbox persuasion, the only discs I've used are some (probably overpriced) DVD-Rs he got in Argos and Datawrite grey tops (not overpriced) I bought over that interwebulator thing. Not a dud from the lot.

Advertisement