Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a wicked game we play...

Options
  • 26-02-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Preflop I was 67.39% favourite to win..

After the flop I was 91.81% favourite to win...

After the turn I was 88.63% favourit to win...

After the river I was 0% dog...

Qs Qc v AsTs heads up and all-in

Me: 195K
    Opp: 165K

Flop was Kc 3c 2c
    Turn was 5h
    River was 4d

To add insult to injury about 5 hands later I hit Q's on the flop only to run into Pocket Rockets and it cost me the tournament...sometimes I wonder why I bother :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Ah the Dun Laoirghe game. Its poker, Jim, but not as we know it! I had to leave after an "incident" in the cash game. It would now appear that the last card in 5 card stud is dealt face down..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

tell me more about this incident that you speak of??

Some other interesting hands during the night included

A guy calling an all-in bet with the board showing Tc Ts 7s....he was holding Ad Jh

Me getting called after reraising all-in early on with KK with the flop showing K 7 9 rainbow. The guy was holding T J and hit an 8 on the river to beat my trips

and my favourite hand of the night (mostly because I won)

I had 5s7s preflop on the BB, no raise so I limped in, flop was Jc 9s 8s.

I check and Ken D goes all-in, all fold to me. His all-in was only around 20% of my stack, so I call.

He turns over Js 10c for top pair and an up and down straight draw
    I turn over 5s 7s for a flush and gutshot straight draw

Turn is 6s giving me the straight flush and making the river irrelevant..Player Gone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Nah, just cash game messiness such as no all in protection (people digging into there pockets for 50 notes to reraise mid hand) and strange rule changes that seem wholey confined to the bar area. I'll be sure to steer clear in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

sounds a bit off alright, but then judging by the way it was organised earlier hardly surprising..

when we got down to the final table the blinds seemed to increase at the whim of the organiser, they went from pre-freezeout 30 minutes to every 10-15 minutes on the finla table. Towards the end when there were 3 and then 2 of us left they went up every 5 minutes to try and finish the game off...at that point I had enough to play with but some of the other players were very short stacked very quickly. considering only the top 4 got paid I thought it was a bit harsh on the rest of the final table.

Good nights entertainment though, even if I'm still pi$$ed about that last hand. €700 gone on the turn of a card when I was miles ahead..:(

Advertisement