Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Tellie

Options
  • 26-02-2005 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience with LCD TVs? I am looking into buying a 30-32" one but am having trouble deciding on what to go for. I see that there is a new SHARP one out in the next few weeks but looks like it is going to retail for €2500 which is a bit out of my league. I want it to have a component input and im not too pushed about DVI input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You will need a HDCP compatable DVI input to take advantage of Sky's high def service (and probably alot of others).

Look around www.avforums.com to find what TV is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the shop i work in sells lcd's and they are very, very clear and sharp when you have a good input signal. dont really know about the Sharps and not too sure if you will get one with component at that price. just remember that just because it has component it could still be basic component. component is the best interface to use at the moment, but thats all it is, just a connection, if the tv doesnt have the quality to back this up its fairly useless, imo.

as far as dvi goes, this is not huge yet but in the next 2 years it will be a major factor in tv's. its mainly the expensive lcd's that have dvi at the moment.

Advertisement