Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Friend Wanted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Rkm: Oh yeah, don’t watch too much Stargate Atlantis ;)

Street cameras 'lamp' semi-naked student in Shop Street
    Gardai operating Galway's newly installed CCTV street cameras got an eyeful recently when they spotted a student on camera walking down Shop Street with his jeans and underwear down around his ankles.

Alrrrrright, which of ye guys was the one ?

Besides, would anyone of ye know where to gather some more Delorentos music. Nah, except of 'senses', 'belgium' and 'love' MP3s on their page ?

In case it is getting illegal PM meeee :rolleyes: lalalaaaalaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

it certainly wasn't me *looks shifty*

*cough*

Now naked from the waist up would almost definitely be me.

Ru: Olalaaaa Monsieur, only good that I know it was an Art student that tries to become a Law student or sth. Good try though *grin*

Oh and for the stressed Galwegians among ye: Did ye know that there is a form of Celtic Yoga ? Yeah Celtic Yoga :eek: It is called Wyda. Perhaps this is sth for Syx Pak, cos’ he wants get fit to get….*nah, I won’t repeat this here* and then ye could try to balance a pint or two with your thumbs and toes, hehe

That’s just a good tip, cos’ last time I went to Galway everyone seemed to be so stressed. Well, someone told me it was because of the after-xmas-bargains sosoooooo try some Wyda then….

I have to say that I think it is quite lame that the mods removed my SIG and I cannot accept it. I guess, some people were 2 jealous, cos' my sig was staggeringly splendid :p (aaaw, the size - however I'll enjoy my sig in the cool team match sites :p

Besides why don't the mods pay attention to very crucial things, like the huge amount of swear words in one of the fashion forums ?!?

INSOLENCE :eek: *Zunge sehr weit heraus streckend*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Chill out.
    Just resize your sig to whats allowed.

• Advertisement

Alright, I changed the size :p
    However, I'm more the fiery, impulsive type, ye know the one that beats men black & blue *grin*
    So it takes some time 2 calm a hothead down !

Still I think some of the mods should pay more attention to the forums where most people are cursing around like mad leprechauns and the mods created the rule that yer content, in one way or another, should not link to any perverse stuff. I checked out the pages of some mods and the content goes beyond just being horny or lasciviousness. So they break their own rules or what ? But isn't this very amusing indeed ?

I mean I dunno say anything against sexy pics!

And more people complain about this topic (see: signature rules forum/ as most people hardly upload sigs or post pics)

Okaaaay, gimme a nice pint and I'll try to relax now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

In fairness, having been to plenty of US and 'other' forums, the ones that have some sort of reasonable limits on the size (both in KiB and dimensions) have made for far easier reading.
    A nice subtle sig is far more attractive tbh, and with a bit of JPEG compression, the filesize can be optimised while still keeping enough detail.

Anywas, on with the topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Won't be here for Paddys day, aww. its a fun day, you'd have liked it, what anyone could remember on fridayy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Isabelle wrote:
    Still I think some of the mods should pay more attention to the forums where most people are cursing around like mad leprechauns and the mods created the rule that yer content, in one way or another, should not link to any perverse stuff. I checked out the pages of some mods and the content goes beyond just being horny or lasciviousness. So they break their own rules or what ? But isn't this very amusing indeed ?

Where's this? Spill the beans! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ARGINITE wrote:
    no, not better than leitrim.
    But maybe sligo.

i feel the sligo blood(pure,no inbreeding there...that i know of...) rise in my veins.

as far as remembering paddys goes i can remember everything up to three pm....funnyt hough,last thing i remember is that pitcher of green beer mixed with vodka and coke....

quotez0r
    I checked out the pages of some mods and the content goes beyond just being horny or lasciviousness. So they break their own rules or what ? But isn't this very amusing indeed ? end of it

which mods banning is required,sweet,sweet revenge.old klingon proverb.

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    Where's this? Spill the beans! :)

Could either of you PM me with the link, I'd be interested myself.
    I've got an idea which forum it is, but I'm not entirely sure.

Wouldn't be PI would it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sounds like it tbh

SyxPak wrote:
    Could either of you PM me with the link, I'd be interested myself.
    I've got an idea which forum it is, but I'm not entirely sure.

Wouldn't be PI would it?

I know nothing about this. Maybe it's people who have links to Slydice Special or Pimpdaddy in their sigs? (Although they're private so the links won't take you there if you're not a member).

*cough*

It's all innocent, you can't prove a thing!

/me invokes Mod-like powers of Post Deletage and Attention Redirection

*attention redirected to Knights of comeonbanus and some1s delightfull 6pac* how did you d..o.. that

/shrugs

Having sleazy stuff on forums created for that purpose isn't that amazing anyway (if that's what this is all about and really, I have no idea). I was hoping there was some scandal about the [insert random obscure non-sleaze-related topic] forum being a secret hive of lasciviousness.

*attention redirected to Knights of comeonbanus and some1s delightfull 6pac* how did you d..o.. that
    Are you referring to 2pac?

rkm wrote:
    Are you referring to 2pac?

He's alive? And moderating on boards? And posting up sleaze? This gets more and more intriguing

simu wrote:
    He's alive? And moderating on boards? And posting up sleaze? This gets more and more intriguing
    It could be the next kittencake. :p

simu wrote:
    /shrugs

Having sleazy stuff on forums created for that purpose isn't that amazing anyway (if that's what this is all about and really, I have no idea). I was hoping there was some scandal about the [insert random obscure non-sleaze-related topic] forum being a secret hive of lasciviousness.
    What, like Accomodation? "Looking for cottaging opportunities in the South-West"

Also lads, enough of the spam. I'm in a good mood at the moment. Don't take the píss.

• Advertisement

Isabelle wrote:
    Okaaaay, gimme a nice pint and I'll try to relax now ;)

O'Neachtain's, Freeney's, The Dew Drop, The Front Door and Murply's pubs are all in close proximity to one another (Quay St., Cross St., High St.).

If you're in the mood for a rock/biker type bar, Sally Longs on Abbeygate St. should sort you out.

If you're in the Dominic St. area, The Róisín Dubh and The Blue Note are noteworthy, as is the Crane Bar.
    Monroe's is a bit too touristy and "hey-diddle-diddle" and Massimo's, whilst comfortable and with a fishtank, lacks the comfortable dinginess of other pubs. You'd be afraid to spill a drop on the ground.

also try bazaar,my first time there a few days ago and it was grreat.

Heya Folks!
    Sorry it’s been a while, but thanks for the comments, questions, infos and any input of you deviant freaks, hehe!
    I will come to that later and answer them.

Very quickly: Is there anyone that would know about the Niland Apartments, Tonn na Mara, Dock Road ? Are they as comfortable as the ones in Gort na Coiribe?
    Is it true that they are about 5 minutes away from the Tourist Office/busstation/Atlantic ?
    I think Dock Road is indeed close to the Eyre Square Centre (where ye have Dunnestore and stuff)

Thank ye so much in anticipation and have a wonderful Galwegian day in April (at the hot evenings…hmmm..loadsa beer I guess ;)

P.S. admins calm down I'll change my sig that is now proper in size to the 20 k. Some patience would be nice here.

Isabelle wrote:
    Very quickly: Is there anyone that would know about the Niland Apartments, Tonn na Mara, Dock Road ? Are they as comfortable as the ones in Gort na Coiribe?
    Wouldnt know as ive never been in either of them
    Gort na Coiribe are newer, thats all i know
    Isabelle wrote:
    Is it true that they are about 5 minutes away from the Tourist Office/busstation/Atlantic ?
    I think Dock Road is indeed close to the Eyre Square Centre (where ye have Dunnestore and stuff)
    Yep thats all true, Dock road is very central.

Okay, rkm: thanks a lotie :)

I've just heard that a Spanish girl said the Niland ones are a bit more 'shabby'. I already know the Gort na Coiribe ones and they're okay...the sleeping room, bath, leaving room plus kitchen are fully equipped.

I've heard that the Niland Apartments do not really belong to the Atlantic. They just use them for overflow. I can decide whether I want to get the private single room with private shower in the Nilands or a double in Gort na Coiribe. I guess, it would be better to choose Niland Apartment (if they're about the same as the Gort na Coiribe stuffie), because they're very close to the Atlantic and I could cook a delicious meal during the breaks.... :p so I'd like to know to compare and decide!
    Thanks!

i believe either will do the job from what i've seen.both better than where i am!

I live on Dock Road at the moment (don't stalk me folks!) and although I haven't been in that building, most of the partments on the road are pretty up-market and nice. You have the city centre around the corner as well.

dock road i'll handle this one,it's my turn at the boards stalking event.

In general about the sleaze stuff: I’ve got the impression that it seems to be normal that a great bunch ó people using swear words here and that their links contain dirty stuff. Furthermore, I really do not like this backstabbing-snitch-behaviour: writing to the admins ”Oh, the sig gets on my nerves. Please, delete it”. Just say who you really are and what you really think! Sometimes mods and admins (not all!) seem to be a bit too subjective for my taste:

“However, democratic systems and popular elections can lead to a loss of focus in such endeavors and I much prefer the 'benevolent dictatorship' model of boards.ie which I used to help to run and until it took up too much of my spare time.” http://heap.nologin.net/me.html - Admin Ecksor

Trust me I’ve got much to say about this Gorgon behaviour and trust me more important demonstrations going on!

Now let’s come to the more ‘fun stuff’….because syxer wil complain about going off topic (Aaaaw, I will bring some Franziskaner stuff then to buy ye, hehe)

Apartment:
    simu wrote:
    I live on Dock Road at the moment (don't stalk me folks!) and although I haven't been in that building, most of the partments on the road are pretty up-market and nice. You have the city centre around the corner as well.

Okay, I’ll go for Dock Road then. It’s just that they said I can get a double room in Gort na Coiribe without paying any extra (I already paid for private with own bathie), but Tonn na Mara is closer to the centre and the Atlantic.

Irish & More:

Besides, Simu I also can stalk ye, too ;)

At least it’s good to know that ye can speak Irish. I think the Irish should not let it come to lingocide. Irish-Gaelic seems to be an interesting language and no one should forget about his/her roots, but it must be the lazyness when grown up with English and ‘terrorised’ with Irish at school. What a pitty, though. ‘álainn’ doesn’t it mean ‘beautiful’ in Irish?

Simu: Would ye or anyone else know about good plays, perhaps even Irish plays (or other events) being performed at a good Galwegian theatre? Could ye recommend any Galwegian theatre?

Elfish Galway:
    Tar. Aldarion: Mae Govanne! How is Erendis? If ye have some time ye could check out:
    :phttp://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/
    :phttp://forum.barrowdowns.com.

Besides I like yer Avatar and ye are right about revenge *grin*

Cheers
    Belle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Things to do in galway when you're bored...

for theatre stuff .... of a sorts ... http://www.townhalltheatregalway.com/townhall_concerts.html

At the start of May ... there's gonna be another Twin Town Lorient Galway event happening ... but its a french thing ... still all are welcome ... details on http://www.galwaylorient.com

for more plays and stuff in galway... http://www.druidtheatre.com/index.php

enjoy...

Advertisement