Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX controller

• 26-02-2005 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

why does it unplug halfway up the cord?

i thought it was just to cheat your girlfriend. ("Why's not moving?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

so that if you trip over it you don't pull the xbox to the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

serious?

does it say that in the manual? (bought 2nd hand) f*ck me...they must have russian space scientists on the microsoft team.

Its the only reason I can think of. And the xbox would make sh!t of your floor, that thing is heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

yep thats the reason, and its a good one for anyone who broke their playstation by pulling off the table by accident

Do I hear the voice of bitter experience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

very nifty bit of design...specially with 4 controllers lying all over the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

kaimera wrote:
    very nifty bit of design...specially with 4 controllers lying all over the place!

almost as good, but not quite as Nintendos wireless controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

kaimera wrote:
    Yeah, unfortunatlly it dosen't stop you knocking it out of a second floor window by tugging the power cord (while cleaning you room). Happened to a guy I know!! hehehehehe

he must have had to pay for the damages to the pavement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I bet it cost him a fortune :p

holegif3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

I reckon it was the opposite, more to do with preventing your legs being sliced off if you run thru the cord:)

or at least tripping you up, I dont think an elephant could pull an xbox off your table!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

yep thats the reason, and its a good one for anyone who broke their playstation by pulling off the table by accident
    I did that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    i thought it was just to cheat your girlfriend. ("Why's not moving?)
    Hahaha - mean, but funny

Yeah, unfortunatlly it dosen't stop you knocking it out of a second floor window by tugging the power cord (while cleaning you room). Happened to a guy I know!! hehehehehe

xbox II to have detachable powercord to stop the above happening :)

Xbox 2 will have wireless controllers as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Heard xbox2 was going to be good

i am posting up a thread with pics of what the xbox2 is meant to be like , there is a few of them! thread being posted TONIGHT, MAKE SURE TO VISIT IT LOL

TRY WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!
    BEST INVENTION EVER :)

ehh...I was referring to the actual psu powercord, not the controllers :: I was aware xboxII was going wireless controllers.

>_< Really should read posts correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It makes sense.. There is a hard drive in the xbox.. If it drops from any height at alll the HD is ****ed.. Having the break in the cord means you are not gonna drag the xbox onto the ground if you trip over the cord..

i must admit when i got my xbox i was very skeptical but its a damn well designed piece of equipment in most areas...despite its large size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

thnk god for it esp with my ma's hovering skills!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

danniemcq wrote:
    thnk god for it esp with my ma's hovering skills!
    ROFLMAO..................I hear ya buddy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

almost as good, but not quite as Nintendos wireless controllers.

Eh, you are aware that there are wireless controllers for every console, its not like Nintendo own patent rights to wiresless..... :rolleyes:

The detatchable controllers are great, I mean I cant even remember the amount of times playing 4 player halo when someone gets caught up in the controller and yanks it out. I wince every time I think of what would have happened if it had been a ps2.....! Although that said I did this many times to my psone, launched it across the room, and it never broke!

Did anyone seen that endurance test they have online? They batter a ps2, cube and x-box with hammers, drop them off really high ledges, drop giant weights on them.

Believe it or not the cube outlasts the xbox!! But only because when they dropped the xbox off the ledge its far heaveier and dropped like a ton. The front panel flew off so they couldnt turn it on to see if it still worked. :D

Ps2 was gone after the first round (out of 3) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I cant believe there is a thread on this... Surely the break in the cord is an obvious design feature???

Advertisement