Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wonder Years

• 26-02-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Paramount 2 are showing Wonders Years at 6 everyday. They are currently in the fourth season.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Think I noticed it on Paramount at 4:30 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Oh my god i used love the wonder years ,...i dont have that channel though
    is it just me or is oliver beane fairly similar to the wonder years ?
    you know the way the guy talkin about situations and stuff, but not half as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Beene is terrible not a patch TWY.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I watched a bit of Oliver Beene yesterday. I also thought it was trying to copy TWY, though as smuckers says, TWY is/was much superior.

Oh hell yea I know , just wondering did anyone else find it similar , but jeez it aint half as good as the wonder years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

Loved the wonder years too...dont make programmes like that anymore thats for sure - what happened to the little kid - was his name Fred Savage or something??/

Havent come across him in anything since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

loved the show but how did it end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

I heard once that Marilyn Manson was the milhouse style friend

Yay or nay?
    I'm too young to have any accurate memories of the show but I can vaguely recall watching it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

irishgeo wrote:
    loved the show but how did it end?
    Taken from epguides.com here's a description of the final episode:
    After Kevin loses all his money and his car in a poker game, he decides he has to leave the resort - there's nothing to keep him there now. The next day he says goodbye to Winnie, punches Eric and storms out. Hitchhiking out of town, he runs into Winnie who has been fired from her job. They begin to argue and lose the ride they had flagged down. Later, sheltering in a barn they talk about how much has changed between them. Winnie thinks it's just inevitable - that everyone grows up. Kevin doesn't want to believe it and neither does Winnie, not really. They kiss, passionately. The next day they both return to Kevin's hometown for the last 4th of July he will ever spend there. Karen has returned home and she is pregnant.

In the end, the narrator tells us that Paul went on to study law at Harvard, that Karen has her baby and that he looks like Kevin, that Norma goes on to become a board chairman and that Wayne takes over the family furniture business after Jack passes away two years later. Kevin and Winnie write to each other every week for the eight years after she leaves for France to study art history. When she returns, Kevin is married and has a son. Kevin realizes that nothing turns out how you plan, but that his memories of childhood will be with him forever.

no idea what Fred Savage (Kev) is up to now, but Winnie (Danica Mckellar) went on to star in a good few eps of West Wing. What annoys me about Paramount is that they are skipping certain eps and it loses the continuity. It did lose its edge slightly when they introduced the new circle of friends for Kev with Chuck etc, him and Paul began to drift which was natural.

• Advertisement

That programme used to rock though!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

well was it Manson yes or no i heard it too

It wasn't him.

wow i neverhad that before , thats be mad!ha manson in the wonder years
    oh my boyfriend just told me he thinks it was`nt :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

FYI: Savage directed several episodes of Oliver Beene :eek:
    Pfiefer was/is not Manson: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0767606/bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hahahaha Marilyn Manson in The Wonder Years

makes me laugh every time i hear it
    Brian Warner doesnt appear on the credits so nay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

FYI: Savage directed several episodes of Oliver Beene :eek:
    Pfiefer was/is not Manson: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0767606/bio
    Heh no wonder there so similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

fred savage was "the mole" in "austin powers - goldmember". FYI: his brother (ben savage) was in "boy meets world" as cory matthews! there ya go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Just for those of you who are saying they don't have the channel - small compensation comes in the form that apparently ntl are to begin airing Paramount on their basic cable package in the near future.

P.S. The Wonder Years danced all over Oliver Beene. I think this is exemplified by Oliver Beene being - you know - ugh, cancelled.

• Advertisement

They should have ended Boy Meets World when the kids graduated from high school. They went from the 6th grade to the 9th grade in a year. It had its moments but too many recycled plotlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

NoelRock wrote:
    The Wonder Years danced all over Oliver Beene. I think this is exemplified by Oliver Beene being - you know - ugh, cancelled.

cancelled eh?

now i wish Sky would stop showing it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

And it was fun to see Fred Savage as an unrepentent evil paedophile in 'Law & Order: SVU'. I wonder how the voiceover for that might've gone if it was the Wonder Years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Fred Savage was the main actor in a comedy series on TV over here in the US about 5-6 years ago. The first season was pretty good but the second was terrible and the show was cancelled. I forget the name of it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Who is Karen?

She was Kevin's older sister.

Oh my god , i watched it yesterday it was brilliant , just like i remembered :)

Haha Wayne and Kevin fighting over the room as a terrific ep. Its almost into Season 4, when he reaches high school.

yea its brilliant!

• Advertisement

Watched it today, the transformation Paul made from Junior High to High School is mind boggling, he was the first to change big time, Looking back on my days in school, there was a Stuart Parpanoza somwhere, an annoyning little bastard. :D

There was a guy in my class that always reminded me of Kevin Arnold , I wish i had the station they show it on here though , I have to keep going home home to watch it :(

Sorry its now into Season 5 not Season 4, my mistake. Its good till they introduce Chuck and his whiney gal Alice, still has its moments like the poker game but doesn't recapture the past eps.

Peter Griffin: you could get a desk job buddy, you know you could become a desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

saw it last week where Kevins mom went to work in the school and he was embarassed and all. When the fire drill went on, she saw him in the bunch of kids and yelled "Hi Kevin honey!!!" and all the kids looked and laughed at him, funny :)

When he graduated from Junior High, before that he was forced to drive the pregnant Mrs Hiemer to the hospital hehe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

FatherTed wrote:
    Fred Savage was the main actor in a comedy series on TV over here in the US about 5-6 years ago. The first season was pretty good but the second was terrible and the show was cancelled. I forget the name of it....

Could it be Working?

Ah TWY was great. I used to watch it religiously when I was younger though eventually I saw less and less of it till it drifted off into obscurity.
    Though a few years ago I remember seeing an episode out of the blue one day. It was one of the later ones (I think) where David Schwimmer was Kevin's sister's boyfriend. Brought back a lot of memories!

• Advertisement
Advertisement