Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unionists support Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

RuggieBear wrote:
    well while we are making wild off topic generalisations....i think every post made by cdebru on this thread, marks him out as a complete tosser.....at least i can back up my wild generalisation....i think! :D

i think you should learn the difference between a generalisation and a personal insult

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

cdebru wrote:
    i think you should learn the difference between a generalisation and a personal insult

indeed... :)

RuggieBear wrote:
    indeed... :)

yes indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm personally insulted by your generalisation about all rugby players and supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Amz wrote:
    I'm personally insulted by your generalisation about all rugby players and supporters.

tbh so am i but i can't go calling cdebru a tosser now can i....gives him the moral high ground...

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    tbh so am i but i can't go calling cdebru a tosser now can i....gives him the moral high ground...

you already did before you edited your post so do i have the moral high ground

Amz wrote:

read back i did not say all rugby players or supporters

I obviously have not met you since you are not a tosser so no need to feel insulted I said in my experience

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Cdebru said " did i say i had met every last one i said in my experience that means everyone i have met is a tosser or at least i can not remember one who was not ".

Cdebru previously said " thats who plays it and in my dealings with them they are tossers ".

Cdebru seems to have a knack of generalising and insulting sizeable sections of the population , just as he / she does in relation to N. Ireland, another subject he / she seems to know little about.

I love the ignore list feature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

cdebru wrote:
    Irony at its most blatant.

Look, you've just labelled Dublin rugby supporters as "tossers", which is at the very least a blatant generalisation, and can be quite insulting towards rugby supporters, not least those in Dublin.

Then, when someone calls you on this, and says that you're a "generaliser" (sic), you interpret this as personal abuse? No, it isn't. It's a logical conclusion based on your generalisation.

This thread isn't going anywhere.

Locked.

Edit: It would appear that RuggieBear did indeed edit the post and change whatever the insult was to "generaliser". I can't see what that original sentiment was, but if there is any reoccurance that poster won't be around to try it again.

My apologies to cdebru for the oversight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement