Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student accommodation in Edinburgh

Options
  • 26-02-2005 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I considering studying in edinburgh next year and the campus accommodation starts at £85 which is about €125. Is the there acc really that expensive and in short supply? But the acc in limirick is only about €65 for a big room on suite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If that doesn't include your bills, then it's a rip off. You can get a room in Edinburgh for £200-250 minimum a month. Don't forget you pay council tax on top of that though, although I think maybe students don't pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Students don't pay council tax in Edinburgh. I went to Napier and stayed in digs the first year, £160 a month, Uni Flat the second year ,£180 a month, and shared a flat in third year, £200 a month. That was 5yrs ago though so I'd imagine prices have gone up 15-20%. Depends where your going to college as well, if its Edinburgh Uni then your looking City Centre. Heriot Watt your looking on campus or a hefty hike out every morning and if its Napier then you could be anywhere. Give me a shout if you need more help I've still got a few friends over there.

Cheers

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

You could always call Napiers Accomodation office as well. I got in at the last minute and they sent me out a list of approved Uni accomodation as at the time Napier had very little student accomodation. They'll be able to give you a good idea of cost/location etc.

0044 131 455 4545 or 4211

Advertisement