Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Drink - Monday Nights

• 26-02-2005 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hey all Party goers!!

Just to let you know about our promotions night in Slatterys on Capel st every mon night. Starts at 11pm and finishes at 2:30am. €5 on door with free vodka jelly and free raffle ticket for DVD player and Discman. Free finger food throughout the night. Ladies free before midnight. Drink promos running throughout hte night, for example:
    1. All beer bottles - €3
    2. Peach schnapps & OJ - €4
    3. Tia Maria & Coke - €4
    4. Vodka & dash - €4

Let me know what you think guys??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Didn't know you could still do the "Ladies free before..." thing.

Blatant pimping tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Jazzman

Not really, its suppose to be encouraging a female friendly enviornment. Nothing meant by it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Still discrimination against men. Why should men not have a friendly enviroment for themselves?

Ahh well... in the UK for now. Must put up with pound parties... 1 pound in, all drinks 1 pound. eh eh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

No I have to agree with the Jazzman, it's much better for everyone if there's more good looking girls in place

then I can start rubbing my thighs looking at all the young girls in their little dress & smaller tops......phwooorr

I need to go to the toilet, I 've had a little accident

haha, you dirty old man!!! Wash yourself!

• Advertisement

Like it or lump it, charging one sex into a club and not the other is discrimination.

Some people liked when their club was men only.

Its a marketing technique, not discrimination!

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Can young looking 18 year olds get in, or do you pull that 21's ****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Jazzman wrote:

Simple as that.

Well, it's both really.

No, i think its illegal for a club to say 21's only!!! As long as you have ID, you'll be grand. Student ID gets you in for €4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Jazzman wrote:
    No, i think its illegal for a club to say 21's only!!!

No. Not as long as they have it adequately displayed for people outside the club/pub that it's over 21s and also as long as they stick by the rule rigidly, ie they only let in over 21s, no exceptions. Then it's ok.

But your females get in for free while males pay policy does seem very discriminatory... But I suppose you could probably say the samething about senior citizens discounts. I wouldn't... but some people probably would.

Jazzman wrote:

Simple as that.

So if Dublin bus make people who are not from Ireland sit down the back of the bus can they claim its a marketing tecnique?

They are not exactly in the same league but non the less its discrimination. If I goto this club before mid night I pay €5 where as any female friends get in for free.

I have to pay money because of my gender.

Advertisement