Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appleseed Movie

Options
  • 27-02-2005 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard If or when the new appleseed will come to irish cinema's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Its out on DVD. It'd be sweet if it did come out in the cinema, but I doubt it. Heard nothing but good things about it.

Site; http://blog.a-seed.jp/news02/index.html

Do what I did. Goto;
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    Select "Translate a Web page", with "Japanese to English", and enter the site's address. It comes out readable.

It is rough Maki Noboru will インタヴƒ…ー interview:Shinji Aramaki (Director)
    DVD which is sold finally. Adjusting to this, changing to Maki director roughly, it had talking ' APPLESEED ' concerning. From the hardship which is in the midst of producing, to the places of interest, and future development only of DVD it cannot overlook, it became long インタヴƒ…ー.

* It is something where main story thing differs from any which are published to the booklet of DVD コレクターズ edition completely, monopolized collected materials with the official sight. Already because the person who thinks of the purchase and rental of one and DVD which view the movie is supposed, several there is the speech which you step into the news item be discovered part of work contents. Still, the person who does not view the work note.
    Impact and reputation with ロカルノ movie festival
    - After - the work completing, you think that in the foreign country it came to the point of to be attached for a while as a preparation and a movie festival, and the latest DVD sale and a supervision of release. Is not the part where time passes and with is seen objectively to be many, probably will be?

Roughly Maki Noboru will (below, it is rough Maki): The viewpoint changing extremely from the instant which it is possible, don't you think? る is certain. To tell the truth you say that to release there are nearly 3 months even from completion, also enough kind of time which cannot there be with animation usually met, it is, but also the rear of the releasing included movie festival, echo in various ways, it is with, as for the hand being left, directly, the っ て which has lived in the air of this work there is the feeling which is said. And it becomes latest DVD. It is the case that this time it faces second judgements, but don't you think? the uplift impression of a certain kind we would like to see there is a thing. Doing also halfway other work, hurting, it does, but this year with the feeling that, in such sense it was happy ' APPLESEED ' is surrounded directly in the air, you feel that is.

- - Being directly to go in movie festival, it does? Please teach the echo in the foreign country.

It is rough Maki: The fact that I attend directly August Swiss ' ロカルノ movie festival ' with is just something which is said, but this was valuable experience. About 7000 people at the amphi theatre where the audience enters, furthermore movie festival lastly, it was screened as the closing work, it is. Before going to impolite thing, me myself the place where it has licked a little met, it is, but the screen being about a breadth 30 meter first, very デカイ. Field it puts out with that, sound and the picture spread and when imagine those the ちゃ う way, really equipment is splendid. When you hear afterwards, also there is brushed up with the notion that where, about 50 years it is the movie festival which is the tradition which is continued, it is probably will be. About 200 meters leaving, image ビシッ is visible in clearing. The professionals of the field concert adjust also sound when with, it is to call is at all from the unskillful Japanese cinema. Before going, what most you worry being to be field, was the weather, it is. In the play, there is scene of the rain there is no, is? There, you making by your, being understood, to る, "that, the rain? "The っ て many times to look at the sky. That extent sound being good, it is surprise.
    Because it is field, the building is visible around, don't you think? it is. Then, when scene something of the multi leg artillerys of the climax starts projecting to the enormous screen, whether you call life size, at the extent which causes the kind of hallucination which occurs truly at that place, for many degrees to see, it had being able to point to the experience which unintentionally the extent where the gooseflesh stands, is good to. First, probably looking at the echo of everyone, how thinking, it increased, but don't you think? end by your observed in the picture, (laughing). Also the reaction was good very. There is a scene which the multi leg artillerys of the rust stop don't you think?. There, acoustic one time, in a flash it becomes quiet, it is, but applause and cheer rising simultaneously. Very, it was delightful, don't you think? is, the ぇ. After ending and "it was good", the っ て you said, sign were required with is said the thing which you were, die.

- When - it is the foreign country, the loyal retainer 郎 reading the original, rather than saying, that you have known from the origin, already seeing the movie at that place, don't you think? it is the reaction it is.

It is rough Maki: So is. ロカルノ movie festival itself, seems that is not the reason, place where excessively only the entertainment work is let flow. Preceding day the hard documentary catching, greatly in the leprosy. To the aged person it was wide from the one where also the customer class is young, among such it could have rejoicing, it was good, is.
    I've included the entire link, as its a translation, using Babelfish. Original link is; http://www.a-seed.jp/staff/interview/index03-01.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They wouldn't bother showing it at the cinema as they would probably think nobody would go see it. (yeah, right) :mad: In anycase the only hope you probably have at the moment is to either find a site selling it on the internet or download it off Bittorrent.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Not a great film; I won't go into a rant, but it's high on Hollywood (the slowdown is cringe-inducing) the plot, which while delivered better than "Wonderful Days" (think the renamed it "Sky Blue" for the recent film festival over here), was still watery thin.

The cell shading is poorly dealt with in certain aspects, the characters having lifeless, fish eyes and general movement looking awkward in parts. (the rest is stunning, but I wanted to see a film, not the FMV from a video game).

Some of the music was, for me, a redeeming feature; I very much liked the Basement Jaxx intro and the odd track throughout.

You'll see greatly differing opinions on anime sites; it really depends on what you normally get from anime. With a lot of people it's blood, explosions (not that I say no to blood and explosions ;) ), giant auras and lots of screaming...
    I'm just with the crowd that's looking for more than that, and in the originality department, Appleseed falls flat on it's face.

Here's a link to some other reviews, most of them note the stunning visuals and audio and then go on to remark about the poor plot and characters.

In summary, a visual spectacle, an overall disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

CuLT wrote:
    You'll see greatly differing opinions on anime sites; it really depends on what you normally get from anime. With a lot of people it's blood, explosions (not that I say no to blood and explosions ;) ), giant auras and lots of screaming...
    I'm just with the crowd that's looking for more than that, and in the originality department, Appleseed falls flat on it's face.

*mutters about Fatal Fury fanboys*
    ;)

The cell shading imho was fantastic when panning around a scene but the actual characters did fall a good bit :/

I'm still buying it for just the opening scene - I just love that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've only seen the original anime OVA and it wasn't anything great...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah I've seen the original OVA myself and the story is weak in comparison to other mecha anime. It'd never get a general cinema Irish/uk release because it's not mainstream enough as, for example "oscar winner" the incredibles <cough> ****e </cough>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

OVAs sucked mainly cause they ignored the style of the manga >_<

So they just came out with ugly things :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Yeah its an ok movie. Visually its very very nice.. the story on the other hand was pretty weak imo and apart from the really cool action scene near the beginning, I was left feeling a little disappointed.

Oh, and as for it being out in cinemas here, I doubt very soon, if ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

Ive been wanting to see this one for a loooooooooonnnnngggg time, since it was announced actually--and even more when I saw the first trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 d_fens

looks nice but i havent watched it all but i'm pretty sure its a bog standard story done plenty of times and better... might watch the second bit of it soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

I bought it on imports from the states. it looks great, but the story is very weak. if you do see it, you'll probably think that you have seen this before. unless you're into this type of story, give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Quik

the movies of all masamune shirow's work are an insult to his amazing talent but they're still eons ahead of the rest

Advertisement