Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Spyware critical threat: Mozilla Firefox

• 27-02-2005 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

I think the picture says it all...
    mozillaadware4vs.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Hats of to M$ for trying to get their market share back. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

I think the picture says it all...
    mozillaadware4vs.png

You must have an old version or something on your PC. I have run Microsoft Anti-Spyware a load of times and it has never come up with FireFox as a threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Does it do that if you have Firefox set as the default browser I wonder?

There is a good point for only having one browser (unless you're a developer), though I doubt MS would ever report IE as a spyware risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've Firefox as default browser, and I don't get this either. Great screenshot though.

Although Microsoft still think Firefox is good enough to rip off the tabbed browser idea, and use it for IE 7.

I still think that Microsoft's AntiSpyware program is excellent, better than Adaware and definitely better than Spybot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Beta's are buggy.

A fully functional version of Windows is buggy.

So there's no way I'll touch a beta version of a Microsoft.

I'll use adaware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

plazzTT wrote:
    Although Microsoft still think Firefox is good enough to rip off the tabbed browser idea, and use it for IE 7.

Isn't tabbed browsing orignally an Opera feature?

The MS anti-spyware app picked up MSN Messanger as a serious security risk on a friends PC. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Microsoft must be getting desperate if that is meant to be spyware. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Rew wrote:
    Isn't tabbed browsing orignally an Opera feature?
    Actually I believe some other small browser had it before....or maybe it was an IE front end, I can't remember the name....it was something stupid, I think it's still being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

The first browser to feature tabbed browsing was InternetWorks in 1994. The next browsers to offer it were Opera and Mozilla in 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Well, as far as i know, thats a photoshopped image :p There seem to be a fair few of ye that think its real. :rolleyes: (actually, i had to resort to google to make sure it wasn't real... i wouldn't put it past microsoft.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

:D You should have kept that one 'till April 1st!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

lol description seemed a bit dodgy alright.

and MyIE was the first if memory serves to have tabbed browsing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

wtf has this got to do with broadband?

ffs. moved to windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

no the first one to have it if I can remember properly was LYNX the text only browser

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_syco wrote:
    Beta's are buggy.

A fully functional version of Windows is buggy.

So there's no way I'll touch a beta version of a Microsoft.

I'll use adaware.
    IMHO any major version of windows is to be considered BETA until the third Service Pack.
    cf. NT4 - SP3 needed to fix server memory errors when sharing folders
    Win95 - USB support and LOTS of fixes
    Win98 SE - there were sub releases before it
    Win XP - its still mostly 2K under the bonnet.

still say that Dos 5.01 was the last time they got it essentially right on the first attempt.
    (some problems at sertain HDD sizes with 5.0 - wasn't released this side of the pond IIRC)

Advertisement