Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave & P2P

Options
  • 27-02-2005 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

has anyone using ripwave had any trouble downloading from p2p lately, mine will connect but disconnect almost straight away, no problems downloading form web :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

No probs here....downloading of Shareaza @ 30kb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

what area are you in. mine keeps loseing the signal every time i start a p2p like bearshare :mad: has been doing so for the last week.

Bally 'o the mun mast mate. Dure an upgrade on Monday I believe.

think this could be a problem with windows XP SP2(only allows a certain number of internet conection at any time) rather than ripwave.

Check out www.lvllord.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

jessy: I think you are right, because I use 4mbit cable, and Mine keeps dropping off when I download too much stuff (ie. have too many connections) any idea what the max no. is? So I/we can limit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have XP SP2 aswell and I set the Patch to 55555, It warn's but sure without SP2 whats the difference, If only Navini made a patch for the USB modem.
    Oh yea aswell after a while my connection just goes on me (while web browsing) but a IBB tech. man say's its a faulty modem, so I got him to send me out an ethernet one.

where do you set this value?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yes this patch does not help my prob either. neither ethernet nor usb will hold for longer than 2 hours, and i am hesitant to contact my isp as Ive downloaded about 120gigs in the last week

FuzzyLogic: same here, i'v even re-installed xp with sp1 on one of my hardrives and its the same story so its not sp2's fault, can IBB know what program is requesting the packets, i.e do they know if its opera or bearshare? cos i can download for hours from the web using opera but as soon as i start bearshare the conection is cut :mad:

• Advertisement

jessy, I used to have the exact same problem. I narrowed it down to Zonealarm firewall. I disabled it for a sec and found I could download of P2P and browze web at the same time...no probs. I use Kerio firewall now instead. All fine. If you do use Zonealarm give it a try. Sure maybe even WinXP firewall does the same although I never tested that.

disabled my firewall but still same problem, can connect for a few seconds but then i get disconected :confused:

any more help on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

i tracked the problem down to this

"Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 8033
    Source: BROWSER
    Version: 5.0
    Component: System Event Log
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BROWSER_ELECTION_SENT_LANMAN_NT_STOPPED
    Message: The browser has forced an election on network %1 because a master browser was stopped.

Explanation
    The network must have a master browser.

Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BROWSER_ELECTION_SENT_LANMAN_NT_STOPPED
    Message: The browser has forced an election on network %1 because a master browser was stopped.

Explanation
    The network must have a master browser.

User Action
    No user action is needed."

Now dose any one have any idea how to fix this?

Advertisement