Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BRILLANT new trailer for 'The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy'..

• 27-02-2005 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who didn't enjoy the last one.. this one might change your mind!

This is an Internet Exclusive trailer which won't be shown in cinemas. Shame.. as it's much better than the theatrical version which was released 2 or 3 weeks back.

Anyways, this new one is definantly worth a look. It defines 'movie trailers' as they are in 'The Guide' and then continues to display a nice little take on Movie Trailers voiced by the one-and-only Stephen Fry.

View it here!

PS - we also get to finally hear Alan Rickman's voice as Marvin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Two rather large thumbs up.

Thus far, I fail to see anything wrong with this film. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

basquille wrote:
    For anyone who didn't enjoy the last one.. this one might change your mind!

This is an Internet Exclusive trailer which won't be shown in cinemas. Shame.. as it's much better than the theatrical version which was released 2 or 3 weeks back.

Anyways, this new one is definantly worth a look. It defines 'movie trailers' as they are in 'The Guide' and then continues to display a nice little take on Movie Trailers voiced by the one-and-only Stephen Fry.

View it here!

PS - we also get to finally hear Alan Rickman's voice as Marvin.

Wow! That trailer is ten times better than the shockwave one from amazon. The movie actually looks awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thats the best damn trailer i ever seen!

April 29 they say ......

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

WOW!
    That was brilliant.
    I'd been purposely keeping my expectations low about this film, but that has certainly raised them substantially.
    Roll on April 29! :D
    They really need to start showing that trailer in the cinemas.
    The one i saw a few weeks back, didn't really show much at all.
    In fact it'd be entirely meaningless to anyone that didn't know what it was already.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Agree with all of the above! :D
    It looks brilliant! I loved the series, especially the depressed robot! :)
    Hopefully the movie will do the series some justice...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oooh, that looks good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Oh I cant wait for that!!! please make it half as good as the books, does anyone know how far into the books the film goes? is it a film per book?

Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

That was the funniest trailer I've seen in ages! I like that the guy from The Office will star. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Meh. It was Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

one question, wheres zaphods other head??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Under his first head. Neck area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

i think you can see if briefly in the trailer, he throws his head back and you see the other one come up.

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Which makes no sence in the books its quite clear he has two heads side by side not one under the other the producers seem to have gotten every thing else right so how did they manage to get that so wrong?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I've yet to see a two-headed alien that looks believable. They probably didn't have the budget to throw resources as creating something as complex as a decent looking two-headed Zaphod. And the idea that the second head (the one containing all Zaphod's libido, ego, etc) throwing back his other head to deliver a quip is actually quite a good one, if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Linky broken :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sleepy wrote:
    Linky broken :(
    Cheers for the update!

I'm afraid the only other link to it is a crappy streaming version...

That is here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

HAHA.... just seen that now. Fantastic. I cant wait to see it. I have the DVD's of the BBC produced adaption of the books. And they seem to have keepet true to it for the most part. Stephen Fry sounds cool as the narrater. I also thought Alan Rickman had Marvin's voice just right. Although you dont get to see Ather (spell) face in it and I couldn't put a name to the voice. Who is playing him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You do get to see Arthur iirc. Being played by Martin Freeman, best known as Tim in The Office.

Advertisement