Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 2005 or pro Evolution 4?

Options
  • 27-02-2005 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Wish one is better? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i haven't touched fifa since 98 it's rubbish, gameplay is almost non-exsistant.

while on the other hand, Pro evo is much better, the gameplay is the best simulater of the game of football,

pro evo may not have all the names like fifa but then again it's your decision do you give a rat's ass about someone who is van nistelrooy being called van nistboom (something along them lines)

fifa - for stats and real names
    pro evo - closest simulation to soccer that there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

this thread is a troll tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Pro Evo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pro Evo. Was there any need to ask. Especially if you are getting the Xbox version which can be patched with real player names.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Pes4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Pro Evo. Was there any need to ask. Especially if you are getting the Xbox version which can be patched with real player names.
    PS2 version can be patched through a maxdrive..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

PES fanboy that I am, I recently spent a few days playing EA's UEFA Champions League and was left quite impressed.

The gameplay is not quite as smooth as Pro Evo, but it's a million miles away from the run-the-pitch-and-score-from-kick-off-every-single-time gameplay of the FIFA I remember. Great presentation (bar some of that music) and pretty good commentary too. But the feature that impressed me the most, and one that really took me by surprise, was a veritable story mode.

Playing as Liverpool, after I qualified for the CL by beating Newcastle, my club was bought by a Roman Abromovich type and presented me with a series of pre-season goals. These were anything from selling a midfielder, to winning a match 3-0, to playing 3 reserve team players and offered a great deal of variety, as well as a great incentive to playing through a season. The rewards/failures from tasks varied from losing my jobs to accumulating points (think PES points) used to unlock a whole load of bonus features. Much better than the incredibly monotonous Master League in Pro Evo.

For those of you who haven't played FIFA in years: educate yourselves. It's not as bad as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Pes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pro Evo 4

it is football games equivalent of the threesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

UEFA Champions League 04-05 is my fave :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Cremo wrote:
    it's your decision do you give a rat's ass about someone who is van nistelrooy being called van nistboom (something along them lines)

even still... van nistboom is a whole lot better than Oranges17 or whatever!!1

PES4.. duh :D

Advertisement