Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pressure washers in Argos

Options
  • 27-02-2005 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting one of the Challenge pressure washers at 40 euro, but at that price I fear it's a pile of carp, anyone know different?
    It's for washing the car btw :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

great value, but dont buy the 40 euro one. to wash a car you need the rotating bristle brush. these alone as accesories for karcher cost 50 euro. i believe argos do one for 90 euro with the bristle brush. if u are going to use it regularly buy the 3 year insurance for it for 15 euro and then you will have 3 happy years of pressurewashing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I got the argos one for 40 last year (cost 55 lwhen I got it!) and it is grand - had all accessories and was very powerful - still going stong after being used every fortnight 8 months on!

Although having said that can see the point about the bristle brush!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah I can see how the brush is needed allright, it's a waste of time simply hosing the car down. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yeah u def need it, otherwise u will need to use a sponge, which is a pain in the neck in the cold, and will take a long time. also the auto stop/start is a very handy feature the 40 euro one lacks, very very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I always use a sponge to wash my car - would only use a brush on the wheels, or if the car was a banger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Silvera wrote:
    I always use a sponge to wash my car - would only use a brush on the wheels, or if the car was a banger.
    Same here, the bristles on some of the brushes damage your paintwork and even if they don't the plastic of the brush head hitting off the bodywork is bound to do damage at some stage

Advertisement