Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Komplett PC?

Options
  • 27-02-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2 GHz Socket 754, 512 KB cache, BOXED

TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 Memory184-P (for DDR-PC400MHz)

Abit KV-80 Mainboard for S754 K8M800,SATA/ATA,GbLAN,ATX,SOUND,VGA,RAID

Western Digital Caviar 160GB IDE ATA/100 8MB cache 7200RPM

Sapphire Radeon 9600PRO Advantage 128MB AGP, ATI9600PRO, DVI-I, TV-Out, Full-Retail

NEC DVD recorder ND-3520A IDE Black Bulk (Dual Layer)

Q-Tec Midi tower ATX 6024MD, Black Pro Line, w/350W

Has anyone any advice on PC kits from komplett? Is the above kit good value at €612? Are they easy to assemble/have good instruction guides? Also as the hard disk has SATA does this mean that i will need a floppy drive to install windows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Seems alright for the money but if your gaming i'd recomend getting at least a 9800pro or a 6600gt. The 9600pro is still a decent card though.

I don't know if they come with instuctional guides but there are plenty of those on the net if it doesn't.

You will need a floppy to install the sata drivers unless you can get them put onto the windows install cd.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Consider increasing the memory for your rig too, and the lower the memory timings the better, might come at an extra cost put at least it would be future proof for a few months, also if your serious about gaming ditch that gfx and get at least 9800pro or 6600gt tbh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

ok, cheers for advice, just a couple of more things cause this is my first time attempting this. I have a dell pc at the moment, can i used the windows os cd i got with that to use on the machine i build or should i just purchase new software also are their other Irish websites that sell bundles like the above from komplett? preferabley sites that dont require a credit card :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

you'll need a new windows cd key. That'll ring up 100 euro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You will get bummed on Irish sites. The best place to order from if you don't have a credit card is www.jescomputer.de

They don't even take credit cards. It's all bank transfer and they have some of the best prices in Europe with cheap delivery to Ireland but it will take 2 weeks.

The site is in German however but if you know what your looking for then it's not a problem. There are plenty of old posts explaining how to use jes and how to pay them if you do a search. Their selection lately is pretty dire though.

cpu 185e
    mainboard 130e
    (you can get sli boards cheaply now so you could get one 6600gt now and another down the line when more games support sli)
    hard-drive 99e
    ram 100e
    (I'd recomend 2 of those but you can always get another one down the line)
    case+psu 75e
    graphics 180e
    dvd-writer 60e

Total 830e

Nearly 200e more than the komplett deal but your getting a much better graphics card, an sli pci-e mobo, superior ram and a much better case + psu.

You will have a lot more upgrade options down the line with this rig.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
Advertisement