Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant watch the news

Options
  • 27-02-2005 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

i live abroad and like to catch with news from home, when i try and open the real player file from rte.ie, windows media player classic opens starts loading file but i get a "server alert" message. i use norton internet security program if thats of any use. thanks in advance for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

steppen wrote:
    i use norton internet security program if thats of any use.
    No it isn't. Deeply useless security software indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This should probably be moved to the Computers forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

Talliesin wrote:
    No it isn't. Deeply useless security software indeed.
    thanks for your input, seeing as you're knowledgeable about this kind of thing, any chance you could help me with the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hi steppen

I just check the rte.ie site and the news is streamed using Real Player - so maybe the problem is that either Real Player is not installed or the file association with *.smil and *.rm files are screwed up.

Check this out and let me know how u get on?

Quazzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

yeah, reinstall realplayer is your best bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement