Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Power Supply

Options
  • 27-02-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I was just wondering which power supply from this list I should go for?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Power_Supplies_123.html

I want something that is very quiet, but also not too expensive (the fanless power supplies here are a little too dear) and would rather go for someone's recommendation here, than trusting the manufacturers specs (as they are often misleading with regards to noise level). About 400W or thereabout would do the trick for me.

I like that the Enermax fans are adjustable... But also the Hiper and Akasa power supplies look good. I decided long ago to foresake overclocking for peace and quiet! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Somthin like THIS should do the trick, i have the 450W 1.3 series and it's super silent, good quality /price aswell imo.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

CombatCow wrote:
    Somthin like THIS should do the trick, i have the 450W 1.3 series and it's super silent, good quality /price aswell imo.

CC
    Yeah ill second that.
    www.silentpcreview.com is a good site for anything silent

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Thanks guys. What are hitide like for shipping? Fast? The power supply looks like just what I'm looking for in my quest for silent surfing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

If you in dublin you can arange to pick it up, know a few who done that.
    I cant remember how loong it took for some fans of them to arrive but i dont think it was to long.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I get mine 90% of the time in 2 days, they use SDS for delivery :)

CC

• Advertisement
Advertisement