Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo finally get it right

Options
  • 27-02-2005 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

That does look great can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Still not sure about the graphical standard of the games tho, I'd have to see a huge improvement over my GBA to convince me to shell out for a handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What the hell is so great about the ad? I think it is pretty crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah, its not great. Decent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its a big improvement of the GBA ie like going froma SNES to an N64. The current line up is crap though they need a few killer titles out and a few more announcements on dates for it going online future plans etc. They have a rumble pack coming but as per uasual there are no details yet.

The pilot pukeing everywhere is funny :)

rumble pak for DS ?

• Advertisement

Yeah its not announced or confirmed but some one accidently found this:

DSvibrator.jpg

He had a GBA movie player in the GBA slot at the time which fooled the DS into thinking it was the rumble pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

lets just say its better than this mario sunshine ad
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=3927&type=mov

WORST AD EVER

L5 wrote:

WORST AD EVER
    Dear god thats terrible! Hopefully the advertising company went bust after that, id say nobody put that in to their portfolio...

vibration on a handheld a good idea ?
    *vibration*

drops ! :confused: :eek:

Rew wrote:
    Dear god thats terrible! Hopefully the advertising company went bust after that, id say nobody put that in to their portfolio...

its so bad its funny :D

• Advertisement

I can see the DS failing because of its absolutely diabolical advertising...What the **** is that??? Are they trying to attract 2 year olds?

The American adds were alot more subtle. Various adults using picto chat on fogged up windows or plates of gravy at dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

L5 wrote:

WORST AD EVER

lmao :D

its so bad its like a bad joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

lol that was terrible! wats so gr8 about the DS ad?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Put a smile on my face :) Wish they would show more game footage though.

eyerer wrote:
    lmao :D

its so bad its like a bad joke

that ad was pulled off the air after about 1 week. Presumably once somone from Nintendo actually saw it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Right click the link and save as.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

L5 wrote:

WORST AD EVER

They're not even taking the piss are they? Oh dear me.

Still I'd pay good money for the costume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Has anyone got any decent stuff about the DS?
    Those ad's were alright but still like to see some actual game play.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

the ad for wario ware can be found here
    http://www.nintendo.com/gameminiads?gameid=2cbad24c-51fe-4d3f-bf7b-b9ca5a6751c5
    nintendo really are pushing the touching is good phrase now lets hope all developers can get to grips with it :rolleyes:

cheesedude wrote:
    I can see the DS failing because of its absolutely diabolical advertising...What the **** is that??? Are they trying to attract 2 year olds?
    lol i can see u havent a clue that ad is for a two year old game,get with the times.
    as for ds it wont fail,and nintendo and sony know it the two consoles are aimed at different games theres the materialistic gamer with gadgets like ipods etc,these think graphics are the main part of a game
    the ds on the other hand is aimed at people who now what to expect from ninteno, ie creative games, innovation without all the big shiny things to distract ya that the games are pants.
    both machines will sell and neither will fail as there aimed at different ends of the spectrum

Brock wrote:
    lol i can see u havent a clue that ad is for a two year old game,get with the times.
    as for ds it wont fail,and nintendo and sony know it the two consoles are aimed at different games theres the materialistic gamer with gadgets like ipods etc,these think graphics are the main part of a game
    the ds on the other hand is aimed at people who now what to expect from ninteno, ie creative games, innovation without all the big shiny things to distract ya that the games are pants.
    both machines will sell and neither will fail as there aimed at different ends of the spectrum

I am not gonna say it will fail...I hope it doesn't. I hope they get loads of games out and I hope it does not fail like the Cube. But I can not see it happening because certain trends still seem to be happening. I want to see far more games on launch and planned to come out...so it will attract people like me into their unique circle so I can play a game like Mario 3 on the ds...first impressions from what i have read and heard about limited games and graphics not being great(YES I KNOW THEY ARE NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT!) but still...they can make the differenct in a competitive portable console market...End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hmmm.... Nintendo are getting better at international advertising. The US DS ads. were cool and now this deadly french ad. I wonder what they'll do for Europe. Nothing probably. :rolleyes:

Nothing probably. :rolleyes:

That is another thing as well...Why won't they concentrate on Europe???

now this deadly french ad. I wonder what they'll do for Europe. Nothing probably. :rolleyes:

?????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Hmmm.... Nintendo are getting better at international advertising. The US DS ads. were cool and now this deadly french ad. I wonder what they'll do for Europe. Nothing probably. :rolleyes:

searches for his book "beginners guide to european geography: France"

nintendo are puttin alot more effort into europe this time around as the big bash in paris showed the other wee.As for games on launch over psp,according to market analyists the psp is selling each unit at several hundred dollars/euro loss this is the reason why they have so many low quality rushed out games on release as they have to make this money back asap,but the psp also has another problem and that is it is gettin thrown identical games that are on psp and according to don mattrick president of EA they say" we will be offering excact same degree of support for ps2 as psp".with having to make all this money back from software u would expect sony to release it at 200 instead of 250 as if games are 50 euro each they face a uphill struggle kinda like that of dreamcast and we know where that went.

• Advertisement

Low quality rushed games? :confused:

"They need this money back asap" This is a multi billion dollar international company they can easily afford sit back and throw money at it to get a market share and make money back in the long run.

The quote from Don Mattrick means they will be putting just as much effort into PSP as they will the PS2. Not that they will be converting everything. And who buys a console for EA games :rolleyes:

Advertisement