Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help people

Options
  • 27-02-2005 8:14pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there just bought my girlfriend a new Nokia 7270 phone and want to transfer her txt messages from her old phone a Nokia 3200 to the new one, the only way i can see how to do this is to send them to my phone and then forward them to her new one. Is there something I am missing to make this a whole lot easier and cheaper

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

is there not an option for save to sim in the message options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

i can't remember but do they not get stored on the sim card anyway ?

put her 3200 sim in the new phone and check the messages, you might be lucky.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

nope no option and they are not on the sim any other ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Some are stored on your sim the rest on your phone, if I am not mistaken works like a LIFO queue.

No other way to keep those texts.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can use software called oxygen phone manager (google) to copy data from the phone to your pc - it can then be transferred to another phone. not restricted to sms - works for contacts, calendar entries etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement